Thread: 9/11 themed rod

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Beautiful work, John. When I first saw that I had a lump in my throat looking at it. It just grabs your attention.
    Very respectful tribute to those who lost their lives that day.
    Your skills have really improved since you first started. A lot of guys wouldn't want to jump in to that level, that fast, but not you.

Thanks for sharing, bro. When finished, that rod should bring a feeling of pride to whoever is lucky enough to throw it.

Thank you Rich. At my old (er) age I want to take this as far as I can and I don't have time to play around. I would also be very remiss if I did not mention my mentor Gunny. Without his knowledge and friendship I would be nowhere with this. He has taught me quite a bit and I just try to take it all in. His knowledge and skills are amazing.

I've got a feeling this rod has got some very good "mojo".

I appreciate the kind words everyone. I've got a couple of simpler builds coming up and will share pics of those as well. But this one will always be very special to me
    Enjoy the Journey

Awesome, just awesome.

Very detailed, nice work. It would be an honor to whoever you are building that rod for. The guy Gunny you spoke of sounds like a true mentor.