Thread: Red Drum & Striper Tourney Dates

Default Red Drum & Striper Tourney Dates

The Annual Harbor Tackle Red Drum Tournament and the Annual Harbor Tackle Assateague Striped Bass Tournament are now sponsored by AMSA. The tourneys will be run the same as in the past. The Red Drum dates are September 23 – 25, 2011 and the Striper dates are November 19-20, 2011. The invitations will be mailed out in June. Any questions email Beverly and Terry Fleming at btf25@aol.com.
    The 32nd Annual Mid-Atlantic Surf Fishing Tournament sponsored by the Ocean City Surf Anglers is scheduled for October 6-8, 2011.
    The AMSA Surf Fishing Tournament is scheduled for October 20-22, 2011.
    Beverly Fleming
    Harbor Tackle & Home of the Annual Red Drum Tournament

Hey, Bev, good to hear from ya. I hope you are in good health, and things are going well for your family. What MD shows will you be at this year?

We are doing well, thanks. Terry & I have retired and have closed Harbor Tackle. We plan on spending most of our time at Assateague this year.
    Beverly Fleming
    Harbor Tackle & Home of the Annual Red Drum Tournament

Hey it's about time, Bev.

Some folks, unless they see you regularly, might not realize all the long hours and years your two put into building your business. On the good days it's nice because you're making money. But many don't consider all the days you were at work, and the revenue barely paid for the expenses of running the business. It can seem like a fantasy of self-actualization, running your own business like you two did....but the reality is that day in and day out, you have to work hard to make it all worthwhile.

I'm glad you both got a chance to get out while you can still enjoy the golden years ahead of you.
    I wish you peace, harmony, and relaxation at Assateague and wherever you two may wander. My best to Terry, and best wishes for continued good health for your both.

I have 20 more years to go to get to that point. Good luck in your retirement!

Hope you have a happy retirement.

Hey thanks for all the regular reports and the hard work you put into the sport of fishing. Hope you enjoy the leisure. Does it take some getting used to not opening the shop early every day? I mean when you have a shop you can't take too many days off or come in late unless you have someone to cover for you. Retirement must be different, what's it like not to have to get up before dawn every day? I bet you don't miss that at all.