Thread: NJOA Thanks Anglers for Getting Involved

Default NJOA Thanks Anglers for Getting Involved

NJOA Thanks Anglers for "Getting Involved"

February 23, 2011
    Belmar, NJ
    NJOA (CF) Release

The New Jersey Outdoor Alliance (CF), including all 23 council members, would like to take this moment to thank all New Jersey anglers for getting involved in the political process and emphasizing that although they wanted a Free Saltwater Registry - they did not want it to be funded from Fish and Wildlife programs. Your voices were heard.

Below are two excerpts from an article in the Asbury Park Press, one is a commitment from the Department of Environmental Protection stressing they will not take funding for the registry from natural resources programs and the other reminds us of our efforts to make this happen. (The full article is available in the link that follows.)

During the summer months the NJOA (CF) will work with stakeholders in developing a plan for a permanent and protected source of funding for the Bureau of Marine Fisheries, and to improve our State's ability to compete with exceptional fisheries management programs. In the interim, thanks again for your commitment to our natural resources and for your perseverance in getting our message to the Governor that funding for the Free Saltwater Registry not come from Fish and Wildlife programs.

- The DEP "will not take away from other, say, Fish and Wildlife programs" to fund the registry, Ragonese said: "We're not going to denigrate one (program) to create another."

- Anthony P. Mauro, chairman of the New Jersey Outdoor Alliance Conservation Foundation, said, "We're ecstatic that the governor recognized the clout of the fishing community." The alliance has been vocal with its concerns that funding for the registry would come out of other fish and wildlife programs.

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...=2011102220328

Members of NJOA Conservation Foundation.

Saltwater & Freshwater Angling Organizations

Jersey Coast Angler Association
    New Jersey State Council of Trout Unlimited
    NJ Beach Buggy Association
    Hudson River Fishermen's Association
    Reef Rescue
    Greater Point Pleasant Charter Boat Association
    Jersey Coast Shark Anglers
    Beach Haven Marlin & Tuna Club
    Cape May Party and Charter Boat Association
    Hi-Mar Striper Club
    Fish Hawk's Saltwater Anglers Club
    Round Valley Trout Association

Hunting & Trapping Organizations

New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs
    United Bowhunters of NJ
    NJ Trappers Association
    National Wild Turkey Federation
    Quail Unlimited
    Ruffed Grouse Society

Forestry Organizations

New Jersey Forestry Association
    Society of American Foresters

Animal Welfare Organizations

National Animal Interest Alliance

Diving Organizations

NJ Council of Divers

Conservation, Political, Environmental Stewardship Organizations

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

Anthony P. Mauro, Sr

Chair
    New Jersey Outdoor Alliance
    New Jersey Outdoor Alliance Conservation Foundation
    New Jersey Outdoor Alliance Environmental Projects

"Preservation through conservation"

apmaurosr

NJOA taking any credit, gave me and others a real laugh,

thanks again

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Let's just hope it stays this way but I doubt it. I think they are just trying passify us for the what they will have in store for us as recs in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    Let's just hope it stays this way but I doubt it. I think they are just trying passify us for the what they will have in store for us as recs in the future.
    The NJOA was in favor of a fee as was the JCAA. I'm sure down the road there will be a $2.00 administrative fee which will stay in NJ.

No matter what it's better than the money going to the federal government and the general fund for Nobama to use.

Some say the Federal registry may even fund Nobama's fish shares scheme which would hurt the rec's

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again