Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for April 2011...www.StripersandAnglers.com

I fished 2 hours of the incoming last night, these late nights are really starting to catch up. 2 small runts on clams. Monty, congrats on getting out there for the first trip. The fish come and go. I wish I had a kayak like some of these guys as the kayak seemed to be the place to be the last few days. I could see them out there, and it looked like some were into fish.
    Cool pic of the snake, that is a most unusual looking snake. Have no idea what kind it is. How close did it get to you?

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    Cool pic of the snake, that is a most unusual looking snake. Have no idea what kind it is. How close did it get to you?
    2 feet, swam right at me, then veared to the right and then to the bottom. looked like a sluggo the way it was swimming.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    2 feet, swam right at me, then veared to the right and then to the bottom. looked like a sluggo the way it was swimming.
    It was me hiding in the bushes next to you, screwing around throwing my new 18' sluggo. Guess it looked life like.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    It was me hiding in the bushes next to you, screwing around throwing my new 18' sluggo. Guess it looked life like.
    LOL, had me fooled, incredible presentation, better than the real thing.
    I'm trying to pay more attention this year to if bait is present or whats in the water. Last year while I was walking the beach at 2:30 AM, I kept getting hit on the leg. Looked down and saw a bunker there. Swiped at it and missed. Happened a few times as I moved down the beach...before I figured out that someone had left a line in the water with a bunker attached....and it was wrapped around my leg .

fished sh this morning one skate water is stillcold .

3 bass to 26'" all on DOA head and chartreuse rip tide tail, water was 54 degrees in the back, south wind came up strong and shut it down

Saw a small white snake? 6"-8" long. See pic, no idea what it was.
    You're just lucky it wasn't a coney island white snake.

Congrats to all you who are getting fish. Wish it was me but work demands a lot of my life these days. I am curious about something though. Ther eis a spot i fish in the back. Last couple times there has been a cool dude who's opening line to spark conversations has been "did you leave any for me". I was just wondering if it is any of you guys here? If so let me know. I'd like to at least introduce myself.
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

fish last nite in the rain got five shorts and one large tommycod no fish over 20 inch for me last nite but they were bass

I'm trying to pay more attention this year to if bait is present or whats in the water. Last year while I was walking the beach at 2:30 AM, I kept getting hit on the leg.
    That reminds me, bro, the horseshoe crabs will be out and humping yer waders soon enough. And they won't even let ya know when they choose ya for a mate, they just kinda hump on to ya.

2 day report
    Mon PM - yak fished 3 hours in windy conditions, 1 short bass.
    Tue AM- had a small window before it got snotty this AM. 1 hour to fish before work. Managed 2 short yak bass on artificials. They're hitting the plugs hard on the troll.
    Full report in the kayak reports thread.

G. I'm amazed you were out there last night. It was getting worse the darker it got. I wanted to stay out but the steady winds weren't letting up, so I bailed, got some sleep, and rolled to my destination in the AM.

More bass are coming your way, and in the bays where we all fish.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    3 bass to 26'" all on DOA head and chartreuse rip tide tail, water was 54 degrees in the back, south wind came up strong and shut it down
    Ah, you're too modest, Fin. Yer not gonna tell em about the bass that was so big that it towed the boat around for an hour, and straightened your hook on the DOA head?
    Cmon, tell the story....

this year bad weather is not going to stop me

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    this year bad weather is not going to stop me
    Best time to fish, everyone else is home hiding in their beds.

I had 5 bass in SNJ bays working very hard sat night, fish to 27" most under 24". A larger and better class of fish moved in sunday night my friends had better success over next 2 days. It should be very interesting from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by cardoc765 View Post
    Last couple times there has been a cool dude who's opening line to spark conversations has been "did you leave any for me". I was just wondering if it is any of you guys here? If so let me know. I'd like to at least introduce myself.
    Cardoc, sorryto hear about the long hours. Bank what you can and enjoy the days off. Are you off anytime during the week, or just on weekends?
    As for the guy, does he have a little tin foil headlamp and did he ever ask you "what's the frequency Kenneth?" If so, that was me. Next time you run into me and I say that, do me a favor and say "the moon is blue in june" while hopping up and down on one leg. That way I'll know it's you. Thanks bud.

man the rain is comeing down hard now wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    As for the guy, does he have a little tin foil headlamp and did he ever ask you "what's the frequency Kenneth?"If so, that was me

Maybe you could make everyone on S and A one of those "special" headlamps. Would make it a little easier recognizing fellow members.

Monty, right now I am making some of those very headlamps in my basement. I personally invite you and Cardoc over because I need some help putting them together. They have to be specially cured in this small pit I have dug. I could really use your help. What do you say? Are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    That reminds me, bro, the horseshoe crabs will be out and humping yer waders soon enough. And they won't even let ya know when they choose ya for a mate, they just kinda hump on to ya.

Doesn't surprise me crabs eat rotten stuff and your waders smelled so bad the crabs must have thought they died and went to crab heaven

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Monty, right now I am making some of those very headlamps in my basement. I personally invite you and Cardoc over because I need some help putting them together. They have to be specially cured in this small pit I have dug. I could really use your help. What do you say? Are you in?
    Unless cardoc is in, your on your own with this one

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast