Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is an ebb tide and how do you find one??

Default What is an ebb tide and how do you find one??

what's an ebb and how do you find one?????????????????????

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

^^I took the liberty of copying this from the NJ fishing reports. It's of such magnitide I thought it merited its own thread.
    Discuss......

Surely you are joking with this, trick question?

Quote Originally Posted by skinner View Post
    Surely you are joking

Shirley you can't be serious!

Wouldn't that material be covered at a surf sharpie seminar, isn't that what they call those winter gatherings you surf freaks go to?

Ha ha loved that movie bababooey, classic!
    An ebb tide is a variation of a red tide, mutated strain to be found in NJ and NY toxic waters.

If you go to the nearest inlet and jump in and you drift to the ocean you have found the ebb tide
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

An effect you experience when you are out for the day fishing, drank too much, and it's ebbing down your leg?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1270016063-BDETRKS.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	13411

I give up, maybe finchaser or dark can set up a seminar to tell us that and other suirf sharpie secrets.

Finchaser, I consider you to be one of the great sharpies out there (honestly) so please correct me if I am wrong on this, It's a theory I have developed over the years -

AN ebb tide only happens once every blue moon. It has to be 3 days past the full moon, and the moon has to have just the slightest hint of blue. If it is too white, the ebb will not set up properly and the fish will not know you are looking for them.

How to find it? Go out when you see the moon I described, walk near a river that leads to the sea. When you get to the bay, you might see some unusual things, for example surfstix floating out of his local inlet. Continue past surfstix until you hear the bunker slapping at the surface. They will be at the very edge of the ebb tide beginning. Then walk out to the transition where the rocks meet the mud and sand, The king size striped bass will be sitting there waiting to be caught.

But on this night, and this night only, they can't be caught with bait. You can only catch them by putting a milky way bar on the hook, and reeling very slowly. You heard the saying the cows jumped over the moon? Well if you give them a milky way bar they will be jumping all over it, and you will get the fish of a lifetime.

Oh, and one more thing, you will only catch them if you are whistling "Oh Susanna" while you are reeling in.

Try it and let us know how you do, it really works.

ha ha dudes that is sum funny stuff, lol!

You guys are all wrong, ebb tides are only found on old episodes of Baywatch.

Yessir, here you have the tide, ebbing over Donna D'Errico.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails donna_d_errico_16.jpg  

Umm, SC, it kinda looks like the incoming tide.

Dude *** tide are you talking about???
    All I saw was lunch!

You should have asked what a slack tide was, and how do you know there are fish are where you are fishing. More answers to that one than there are seminars.

Oh so there more to an ebb besides the song or movie very interesting. So what is a slack tide and and are there fish to be caught or do you need the ebb thing??????????????????????????? At least incoming you know to take cover.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    At least incoming you know to take cover.
    rofl I knew there was a reason I logged on here today

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    incoming you know to take cover.
    INCOMING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Finchaser, I consider you to be one of the great sharpies out there (honestly) so please correct me if I am wrong on this, It's a theory I have developed over the years -

AN ebb tide only happens once every blue moon. It has to be 3 days past the full moon, and the moon has to have just the slightest hint of blue. If it is too white, the ebb will not set up properly and the fish will not know you are looking for them.

How to find it? Go out when you see the moon I described, walk near a river that leads to the sea. When you get to the bay, you might see some unusual things, for example surfstix floating out of his local inlet. Continue past surfstix until you hear the bunker slapping at the surface. They will be at the very edge of the ebb tide beginning. Then walk out to the transition where the rocks meet the mud and sand, The king size striped bass will be sitting there waiting to be caught.

But on this night, and this night only, they can't be caught with bait. You can only catch them by putting a milky way bar on the hook, and reeling very slowly. You heard the saying the cows jumped over the moon? Well if you give them a milky way bar they will be jumping all over it, and you will get the fish of a lifetime.

Oh, and one more thing, you will only catch them if you are whistling "Oh Susanna" while you are reeling in.

Try it and let us know how you do, it really works.
    Steve, I wanted to mention how funny this was, effing creative as hell. Great job, you should be a writer. Or at least doing stand up in a comedy club. Thanks for the laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Steve, I wanted to mention how funny this was, effing creative as hell. Great job, you should be a writer. Or at least doing stand up in a comedy club. Thanks for the laughs.
    That wasn't true

Are you going to rain on my parade?
    (Cmon finchaser, I'm looking to get some mileage out of this, maybe a fishing trip with dark, a tour of the swan spots, some roasted plovers and seals, and all the bread crumbs I can carry.) Don't blow my chances here, big guy. Please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast