Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Connecticut fishing reports

Quote Originally Posted by albiealert View Post
    Still no herring or bunker but the stripers are starting to get more active. Fished a river this morning the start of the outgoing tide. Picked up 4 stripers to 30" all released. Was tossing the daiwa sp.
    Nice report, Rip Plugger mentioned he heard the bass were starting to get active up that way.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Well it's been hit or miss this year. Herring and stripers were pretty good but that has ended for me. Have been out a few times. Nothing that great till tonight. Got a 32inch striper tonight. Fished for 2 hours after work. Released. Taken on a SP. Also got 2 bluefish. Biggest was 9lbs. all released.

A little update, got a few more stripers after my last report. About 10 days they were here after that. Then all of a sudden they vanished. I haven't caught a bass since june 13. The ones after my 32 incher were all shorts. I heard about bunker in the sound at night but have not seen any. The big bluefish seem to have vanished as well.

Tried again last night but all I could find was the skunk.

Have not reported in a while. Have been out a few times with little to show for it. Last night was the lastest. Fished a local river close to high tide. There is a lot of bait but it seems to be few stripers on it. did catch a few snapper blues on a mambo minnow. That was it for me.

I haven't checked in here in awhile because I have had nothing to report. Looks like some little stripers have moved in to the rivers. I was out twice in the last 2 weeks prior to tonight and zippo. Tonight I was concerned about the river because we had some rain. Instead of dirty water it wasn't bad, Managed 2 short bass on a chicken scratch bomber. Wishing all of you a good Fall.

Fishing the last week. Over the weekend I fished a local river and picked up 3 stripers on schoolbus bomber, incoming tide near high tide. Water was very clean. Last night I fished in the rain because it wasnt that windy. Gave it a try for an hour but zippo.

Started my season last nite. Went to a local river on the incoming tide. Picked up 2 little guys on a white rubber shad. Not much but its a start.

Hey hope all the guys here have been catching some fish. Have been getting out pretty steadily once a week or every 10 nights. May was pretty good. Managed one bass per trip with schoolbus bomber or using sp minnows. I had 2 skunked trips in June. First week got one nice 29" striper, and the last 2 weeks just a few bluefish. I don't fish as much as some of the rest of you but will keep fishing even if its only blues. At least it is a tug on the end of the line. We have had good fishing weather lately. Lots of overcast nights and not that many bugs. Tight lines everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by albiealert View Post
    Tight lines everyone!
    Nice report, and some action out that way. Been hearing that the fishing up there has been spotty at best. In some areas the action has been abismal.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Well after that my results have been abysmal. Been out the last 3 weeks and nothing. Took a week off for the holiday and may try again this weekend.

Things have finally started to look up again. Been out twice in the last week. First trip nothing. Last night I pulled 2 short stripers on the bone SP minnow. Hoping for more. Usually I do ok from the first week of october onward. Will keep you guys posted. Tight lines everyone.

All right folks there have been some fish around. Been out 6 times in the last 2 weeks. There is a lot of bait around. Managed some stripers on half of the trips. SPs and mag darters. Some of the boat guys have been killing it by jigging shads and bass assassins. The fish move and sometimes are just too far up or down from me. My best night so far got 12 up to 27". Nice fun on light tackle.

Sorry I haven't been able to report in awhile. Business trips and family keeping me busy. The striper action has been good for me in my local river. March was slow for me but the guys on the boats and kayaks did well. April was much better. Tried a few favorite places. Got stripers up to 32" released. Most were in the 20-25" range though. My best nights were around the full and new moons. After a relatively sunny day when the water was heated up I usually did ok. Bone SPs and schoolbus bombers have done the best where I was. Lots of herring in the water this year. Tight lines everyone!

Have been away from my home state gents. Not much time to fish. Did have some time to drive down the cape cod canal and see the madness. Geez from the traffic and trash you could see they were catching. Still too crowded, and I didn't have my pole with me anyway. Back in my home state now and been out a few times in Sept. Managed a few schoolies on school bus bombers and yellow SPs. Bone is a good color as well. May try to fish this weekend with the moon if it's not too rainy and windy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123