Thread: Connecticut fishing reports

Hybrid View

Default Re: Connecticut fishing reports

Nice going albie. Living vicariously through this and the nj forum reports until we get some bass action up here. Keep up the good work

Fished a few times this summer and caught some very small bass. Started to fish more in September and it has been not that great. It is getting better much more so in the last week. Have been out 3 times, twice at night and once at sunrise. Total catch is 7 blue fish to 10 llbs and one short striper this morning. Most on black or chicken scratch bombers and the SP.

October has been terrible for me but I finally got 2 bass last night. They were both fat one was 21" and the other 26". On a black bomber.

Figured I would give it a try. Been out twice so far in a local river. First time nothing. Last night had one swipe on a chicken scratch bomber but missed the hookup. Was tossing bombers and sps. Will try again soon.

Got out last night for a few hours in a river. The conditions seemed perfect but not a tap. I am waiting for the herring and bunker around the first 2 weeks of may but will keep trying before that.

Still no herring or bunker but the stripers are starting to get more active. Fished a river this morning the start of the outgoing tide. Picked up 4 stripers to 30" all released. Was tossing the daiwa sp.

Quote Originally Posted by albiealert View Post
    Still no herring or bunker but the stripers are starting to get more active. Fished a river this morning the start of the outgoing tide. Picked up 4 stripers to 30" all released. Was tossing the daiwa sp.
    Nice report, Rip Plugger mentioned he heard the bass were starting to get active up that way.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)