Thread: Connecticut fishing reports

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by albiealert View Post
    Still no herring or bunker but the stripers are starting to get more active. Fished a river this morning the start of the outgoing tide. Picked up 4 stripers to 30" all released. Was tossing the daiwa sp.
    Nice report, Rip Plugger mentioned he heard the bass were starting to get active up that way.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Well it's been hit or miss this year. Herring and stripers were pretty good but that has ended for me. Have been out a few times. Nothing that great till tonight. Got a 32inch striper tonight. Fished for 2 hours after work. Released. Taken on a SP. Also got 2 bluefish. Biggest was 9lbs. all released.

A little update, got a few more stripers after my last report. About 10 days they were here after that. Then all of a sudden they vanished. I haven't caught a bass since june 13. The ones after my 32 incher were all shorts. I heard about bunker in the sound at night but have not seen any. The big bluefish seem to have vanished as well.

Have not reported in a while. Have been out a few times with little to show for it. Last night was the lastest. Fished a local river close to high tide. There is a lot of bait but it seems to be few stripers on it. did catch a few snapper blues on a mambo minnow. That was it for me.