Thread: Connecticut fishing reports

Hybrid View

Default Connecticut fishing reports

Hey Dark I didn't see the reports up for this year, so I'll start.
    I fished a river near me this morning using bombers. Caught one little guy, about 23" with a slow retrieve. I think it will only get better from here. Good luck to all you folks for 2011!

Heey thanks for the report albie. Way to get out there, I haven't been, yet. Good luck to you also.

Thank you for starting the thread, Albiealert. Hope you and the family had a great Easter!

Thanks Dark, didn't see this till now, hope you and the family had a great Fathers Day!
    I was out in the Sound over the weekened with my co-worker in his boat. We snagged some bunker and chunked in 25 feet of water. We got 3 big bluefish and one bass, around 21lbs, which he kept. There are a LOT of bunker around.

Bunker are still around. Last night it was hot and I took a drive to fish for a bit and cool off. There were bunker in a harbor near a river I sometimes fish. They were close, so I snagged a few with a weighted treble. Let them drop, no action. Brought them to where there was a little more current. Cut them up and chunked them with circle hooks. Ended up with 1 bass, 16lbs, released, and 2 gator blues over 12lbs, also released. The action seems like it has slowed down a bit as water temperatures have gotten hotter. So maybe I was lucky last night, as I have been out 3 times before that and could not find a thing.

Got one little guy last night, bomber and teaser, edge of a river, right at the top of the outgoing. There were a lot of small rainfish around, the bass hit the teaser.

Tried again last night but all I could find was the skunk.

I haven't checked in here in awhile because I have had nothing to report. Looks like some little stripers have moved in to the rivers. I was out twice in the last 2 weeks prior to tonight and zippo. Tonight I was concerned about the river because we had some rain. Instead of dirty water it wasn't bad, Managed 2 short bass on a chicken scratch bomber. Wishing all of you a good Fall.

Fishing the last week. Over the weekend I fished a local river and picked up 3 stripers on schoolbus bomber, incoming tide near high tide. Water was very clean. Last night I fished in the rain because it wasnt that windy. Gave it a try for an hour but zippo.

Started my season last nite. Went to a local river on the incoming tide. Picked up 2 little guys on a white rubber shad. Not much but its a start.

Hey hope all the guys here have been catching some fish. Have been getting out pretty steadily once a week or every 10 nights. May was pretty good. Managed one bass per trip with schoolbus bomber or using sp minnows. I had 2 skunked trips in June. First week got one nice 29" striper, and the last 2 weeks just a few bluefish. I don't fish as much as some of the rest of you but will keep fishing even if its only blues. At least it is a tug on the end of the line. We have had good fishing weather lately. Lots of overcast nights and not that many bugs. Tight lines everyone!