Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Connecticut fishing reports

Got some more bass since last report, Same bomber and anything that looks like a bomber. The herring are around. 14 bass total to 12 pounds, all released.

Nice going albie. Seems now the bait is all over and the bigger blues are coming in with the bass. Good times.

Default Re: Connecticut fishing reports

Rip Plugger Bass on one of his pieces of wood, June 1st.
    He catches more bass on wood that anyone I know of.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Rip, that is one nice bass, I love the plug too. The plug I got swims awesome, Leaves a nice wake that if any bass were around they would smash that plug. Thanks again.

Another pic of a Rip-Plugger bass on his wood (caught yesterday).
    He is currently in the ZONE....The BASS ZONE
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RP1_2012_6_6.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	15280

Rip-Plugger is still banging Bass on wood.
    This is a 21 lb bass on big wood, released:

Awesome fish rip plugger!

Its awesome that you were getting those fish in June. I slow down my fishing during that time and don't start fishing a lot till Sept. Nice work! I got out last night and got 2 short bass on school bus bomber.

Have not been reporting in a while. Have been out a few times before and since Thanksgiving. The wind was pretty harsh so most of the time I haven't fished, When I could I got some small schoolie bass to 27". All on chicken scratch or black bombers at night. The fishing has slowed down a lot since the last storm.

I fugured it was time to get out again and give it a try. Got out last night. Fished a river for a few hours. Incoming tide near the top of it.
    Managed 2 bass to 22". I was using bombers and a mackerel colored mag darter. I don't know what the water temperature was but it wasn't that bad. It was nice and comfortable with the wind at my back. Only needed one sweater under my jacket and waders.

Rip Plugger officially started off hiss 2013 year with his first Striper of the year, caught on what else.....WOOD.

Awesome report congrats ripplugger! I started fishing the other night too. I think the fish are definitely here. It is still a little cold but I am crawling the plugs in very slowly.

Got out again last night. 2 stripers to 26". Black bomber and the daiwa sp minnow caught near the top of the incoming tide.

Stripers are starting to be more consistent. Got out tonight and caught 4 to 27". School bus bomber at first then the last one on a black bomber. They hit hard and were a lot of fun.

Nice going albie. Living vicariously through this and the nj forum reports until we get some bass action up here. Keep up the good work

Fished a few times this summer and caught some very small bass. Started to fish more in September and it has been not that great. It is getting better much more so in the last week. Have been out 3 times, twice at night and once at sunrise. Total catch is 7 blue fish to 10 llbs and one short striper this morning. Most on black or chicken scratch bombers and the SP.

October has been terrible for me but I finally got 2 bass last night. They were both fat one was 21" and the other 26". On a black bomber.

Figured I would give it a try. Been out twice so far in a local river. First time nothing. Last night had one swipe on a chicken scratch bomber but missed the hookup. Was tossing bombers and sps. Will try again soon.

Got out last night for a few hours in a river. The conditions seemed perfect but not a tap. I am waiting for the herring and bunker around the first 2 weeks of may but will keep trying before that.

Still no herring or bunker but the stripers are starting to get more active. Fished a river this morning the start of the outgoing tide. Picked up 4 stripers to 30" all released. Was tossing the daiwa sp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast