Thread: The Gathering..Zim's Annual Freezout- a night of fishin, jokes, & sick pranks!

Default The Gathering..Zim's Annual Freezout- a night of fishin, jokes, & sick pranks!

Last night a few of us got together in Staten Island for Zim's Annual Freezout.
    It's a gathering of miscreants and hardcore fishermen, and some escaped mental patients, that takes place every year.

In the following days as I get a chance I'll try to post up some of the details...
    In a nutshell, not one fish was caught or even a dropped one....

The most insane time was had by all.
    Stories for years,
    Enough internet gold that I could retire on it, if it were actually real money....

Details to follow.....

Will there be pics, or just 2 1/2 pages of mundane detail like you usually write?

Looking forward to the stories.

Default The actual fishing part of the night, 129 1/2 minutes....

The water was cold, bunker weren't around. The stellar bite that they had been having over there evaporated into a puff of smoke from Zim's cigar....

We all gave it our best shot, bait, bucktails, all the classic cold water presentations. etc.
    Not a tap on anything.

Fishing at night, Dark hooks into a 50 lb object....

They're all a bunch of nuts, and decided it was good sport if they would ask me to reel in a rod they had spike in the sand. Turned out there was a ledge, about 30' out, leading to the channel. All sorts of debris in there, and they made sure they dragged the bottom and hooked into some debris before they gave me the rod.

So I played along, fought the big "fish".

I think Joel (Brasilva) took the pics of me and the rod bent in half. I'll have to try to get him to e-mail them to me.

Who was in this Motley Crew????

Zimno (aka Paulie the Postman aka the Weatherguy aka the only guy in the world who can out-talk Darkskies.)

Blasko - infamous Montauk skisher (remember the videos with Paul Melnyk, and all the skishing controversy)

Mark - from SI, he was just getting acquainted with us nut-cases.

Brasilva - Joel, the plug maker from Jamaica Bay

DarkSkies - no explanation needed, internet hero of the stupid and rain-maker....

Default Insanity at the Diner....

After we fished for 2 or 3 hours with no results, it was decided we go to the diner.

Blasko was getting surgery, and it was decided that instead of acting like girl scouts, wishing him well, we make fun of his affliction (nose surgery) and bust his ballz, like real men would.

We all put on Groucho Marx masks supplied by Zimno. When Blasko came back from the bathroom he almost busted a gut laughing...

Some pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1692.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	13608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1699.JPG 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	13607

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

...who can out-talk Darkskies.

I find that rather hard to believe

Blasko thought it was a riot, and even played along.

Name:	IMGP1697.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	13609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1698.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	13610Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1700.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	13611

Name:	IMGP1710.JPG 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	13615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1708.JPG 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	13612Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1701.JPG 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	13613More pics

Name:	IMGP1712.JPG 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	13614

Default further pranks on Darkskies...

They had a side thing going where there had been an incident last time they were out. This guy named Brian had ordered food, didn't get exactly what he asked for, and berated and belittled the wait staff until the waiter was ready to quit. They felt so bad and embarassed about it at the time that they gave the waiter a 50% tip.

This time, they decided to see if they could duplicate those conditions. But Brian was not there, so they decided, unbeknownst to me, that I would be the test subject....

Everyone got the food they ordered, except for me. When I politely informed the waitress of the mix-up (you really don't want to pizz off your wait staff, they can spit in your food, or worse..), she informed me I was clearly delusional, and must be getting senile.

This went on for about 10 minutes, with them all trying to harangue me and push the buttons, looking for a blow-up.

I wouldn't take the bait, graciously took the wrong food, and sincerely apoligized to the waitress for "my mistake"

At that point, they could keep straight faces no longer, and were rolling all over the aisles in tears of laughter. Blasko admitted he and Paulie set it up to see if I would crack.. The levels of laughter were so high I'm surprised we didn't get thrown out.

Our waitress should have gotten an Academy Award for her performance, and again, got tipped very well.

Blasko, in appreciation for the entertainment we provided him with, footed the bill for the whole tab and a generous tip for the waitress.

She ended up hanging out at our table for the next 2 hours as business was slow at 1am. Lots of ball busting and fun times all around.

And people elsewhere called Blasko the skisher a "foulmouth monster???" ".

He's one of the nicest guys you ever wanna meet. Just don't cross his lines when you're out there fishin the surf, he might get a little "edgy" with ya!

thanks for the laughs, guys, had a blast.
    Wish we could have more of the crew there, maybe next time people will get their act together.

Would do it again in the future, and hope your surgery turned out well, Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
    I find that rather hard to believe
    There are actually a few out there who can out-talk me, Jon.
    With Zimno, he will wear your cell phone battery down with the stream of consciousness banter that comes from his demented brain. But, he does know more about fishin, bait fishin, plug fishin, fly fishin, eeling, and overall being addicted to fishing, (and a supreme knowledge of weather patterns as related to fishiing) than any 10 guys, so it's worth it to keep the battery on full charge before ya talk to him...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Further Pranks on Darkskies...
    that's hysterical; wish i had been there!

Hey Dark, if it's not a members only thing, I would like to go next time you guys are havng one of those. Please let me kniow. it looks like everyone had their fill of laughs.