Thread: Last Ones for awhile

Default Last Ones for awhile

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	13468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	13470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	013.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	13469Heres a couple I finished up B-4 going into the hospital shops closed after today for awhile. A surfster, 2 sandeel swimmers one I angled the head (experimental)and 3 more 3oz. poppers.Catch ya all in a week or so.Tight Lines & Screaming drags to all.Adios Amigo's
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

No need to say adios, bro, I know yer gonna be ok. Sorry to wake ya up last night, you know us fishin addicts have no concept of the proper time to call.

Pebbles and I are prayin for ya.
    You're tough. You're gonna make it through the surgery tomorrow. Although recuperation will be a long painful road, you're gonna make it down that road too.

Because the pot of gold at the end,,,,is you will get to enjoy your family, do more active things with them, and go fishin once again...

Hang in there, bro, you're in good hands.

I like those 3 oz poppers surfstix1963. The eyes make them look like real squid. Good luck with the surgery.

Keep your chin up surfstix. Nice wood. Wishing you well.

Very nice, and the best of luck!

Thanks all there will be more wood as soon as I can get downstairs which will be as soon as possible i can air brush standing or sitting, you know guys need their mancaves.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

good luck my friend my thoughts and prayers are with you

Remember heal the past, live the present and dream the future---when all else fails take a nap!

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Remember heal the past, live the present and dream the future---when all else fails take a nap!
    finchaser after reading dark's fishing report I think he needs to follow that advice. Maybe he will need some depends soon, we should take up a collection
    Good luck surfstix, and godspeed for your recovery!

Always enjoy your work, guy. Hoping for a solid recuperation so youi can get back out fishing.

Surfstix, for all the time I have been a member here, I realize that you have never fished because of your injuries. You make plugs, talk about fishing with some great expertise, and give a lot of good advice to others. It really does seem like a cruel twist of fate to me that you are not able to fish. I hope this operation is the one that finally gets you back on track. If anyone deserves a chance to fish, you do, brotha. I hope you get that chance and God is watching over you and your family for a safe recovery. We are pulling for you, good luck!

Very nice plugs. Good luck and God Bless.

to the one that is going to be cranky for the next 2or3 weeks or so keep your head up bro
    i am here 24 /7 for ya so give me a call any time bro and dont hurt the big nurse pal
    will be praying for ya god bless and good luck bro

Best wishes for a safe operation, thoughts and prayers.

Surfstix, plugs are looking great, always look forward to seeing your pant jobs.
    Thoughts and prayers sent your way, hoping the surgery goes well and recovery quickly.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers hope you are all having a good spring run.BTW Speedy I'm going to change my name to OleCrankyOne it comes with age now get to turning them plugs "Got Wood" I only have like 20 left to work on oh I forgot more coming today.Catch ya all later.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Surfstix, for all the time I have been a member here, I realize that you have never fished because of your injuries. You make plugs, talk about fishing with some great expertise, and give a lot of good advice to others. It really does seem like a cruel twist of fate to me that you are not able to fish. I hope this operation is the one that finally gets you back on track. If anyone deserves a chance to fish, you do, brotha. I hope you get that chance and God is watching over you and your family for a safe recovery. We are pulling for you, good luck!
    You know Steve for some reason I kept the thought of "twist of fate" stuck in my mind from this post and I can't say for sure if I will fish again(we will see) but when I was growing up something my grandmother always told me is etched in my mind also she used to say everything good or bad happens for a reason and I truly believe this so maybe its time to move on IDK but regardless of the turnout I have been blessed with some very good times fishing with some very good people.I think the point I'm trying to say is I've reached a point where serious fishing is over for sure but if you or I can get out a couple times with some friends even if you don't catch have fun doing it thats what you will remember all the crazy bassturds you ran into over the years.I truly hope the info I have passed on has helped others thats what it's all about I've had many help me alomg the way.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    I think the point I'm trying to say is I've reached a point where serious fishing is over for sure but if you or I can get out a couple times with some friends even if you don't catch have fun doing it thats what you will remember all the crazy bassturds you ran into over the years.I truly hope the info I have passed on has helped others thats what it's all about I've had many help me alomg the way.

You have helped a lot of people here surfstix, that's why I posted what I originally did. I was hoping you wouldn't take it the wrong way and I am glad you saw what I meant. What fishing means to me is to try to pass on some of the stuff that folks have taught me. dark, you, finchaser, speedy, bababooey, and so many others have given me tips and laughs here. I try to offer any help I can too, and have nothing but respect for the struggles you have had. You have a great philosophy on life, it appears your parents raised you well. I do hope someday that you can fish again ijn some capacity, and welcome back!

Welcome back.

thanks
    Cranky Old Bassturd.