Read this on another site. I thought the rant was true and well worded. If only some of the biggest offenders would see themselves:

"As a side note, I'm getting increasingly frustrated....Im ashamed at the lack of consideration and respect some of our fellow fisherman have displayed this week. The beach and back bays are littered with garbage, specifically empty beer cans and booze. I was walking down the shoreline and counted over 200 cans/ bottles (for the record I wasn't catching anything that day and I was exploring)

Please guys don't leave the mess behind I always make it a point to take back more then I bring.

Stop leaving balls of line everywhere! I was wading out about 100 feet from the shoreline and got wrapped up in someone's disgarded braid that was balled up and stuck to something. Your conscience has to be kicking in when you take that line off your reel and throw it on the floor or in the water.

Well if it didn't, understand that the 100 lb braid you were throwing that was attached to a three way attached to two diamond jigs (4oz) attached to a bell sinker..... was wrapped around my leg. Which was in turn stuck to something your magnificent rig had caught up on the bottom. I had to cut through all of this and during this process the line cut into my waders. There is no need for this ..

Last thing, i dont eat blues. I also don't keep short fish infact most of my fish are CnR but if your going to stack a pile of blues behind you, take them with you. Dont catch 10 blues , kill them , and then leave them for the scavengers. Its just bad sportsmanship and its f'd up. If you catch a short fish, don't hail mary it back in the water or kick it into the surf. I watched some people tomahawking short bass back into the drink. Not cool guys, aside from hurting the fish, your scaring all the other fish around .

Sorry for the complaints, but I think we all need to do our part. I spent a good hour cleaning one of my local spots just to come by a day later and it was filthy again."