Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Littering and the loss of fishing areas!!!!!

Read this on another site. I thought the rant was true and well worded. If only some of the biggest offenders would see themselves:

"As a side note, I'm getting increasingly frustrated....Im ashamed at the lack of consideration and respect some of our fellow fisherman have displayed this week. The beach and back bays are littered with garbage, specifically empty beer cans and booze. I was walking down the shoreline and counted over 200 cans/ bottles (for the record I wasn't catching anything that day and I was exploring)

Please guys don't leave the mess behind I always make it a point to take back more then I bring.

Stop leaving balls of line everywhere! I was wading out about 100 feet from the shoreline and got wrapped up in someone's disgarded braid that was balled up and stuck to something. Your conscience has to be kicking in when you take that line off your reel and throw it on the floor or in the water.

Well if it didn't, understand that the 100 lb braid you were throwing that was attached to a three way attached to two diamond jigs (4oz) attached to a bell sinker..... was wrapped around my leg. Which was in turn stuck to something your magnificent rig had caught up on the bottom. I had to cut through all of this and during this process the line cut into my waders. There is no need for this ..

Last thing, i dont eat blues. I also don't keep short fish infact most of my fish are CnR but if your going to stack a pile of blues behind you, take them with you. Dont catch 10 blues , kill them , and then leave them for the scavengers. Its just bad sportsmanship and its f'd up. If you catch a short fish, don't hail mary it back in the water or kick it into the surf. I watched some people tomahawking short bass back into the drink. Not cool guys, aside from hurting the fish, your scaring all the other fish around .

Sorry for the complaints, but I think we all need to do our part. I spent a good hour cleaning one of my local spots just to come by a day later and it was filthy again."

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    Does anyone drive the pine barrens in burlington or ocean county? Some of the roads there have fines posted of $1000 for first time offenders. Most are very clean and hardly any litter alongside. I think if they did that for the fishing areas you would see a big difference. Make it a $1000. No excuses excepted. jmo
    Great idea. A no brainer.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

the fine on my beach is $1000 ...but no one to enforce it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beach mess.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	18340

I go down on Mondays after the week end mad house ...I just can't believe the pile of stuff ....one spot was all 24 cans from a 2 twelve pack of beer (there no alcohol allowed on the beach )
    there must of been 50 left over full bunker laying on the ground ..some still in the bag

I love the people who bag everything up ...then leave right there ???

I think bait should be sold in only containers that will dissolve...like the potato chip bags ....

my neighbor and I where going to patrol the beach at night ..just to show a present that some one is watching ....but we would get are *** kicked or stabbed .....

people are sum bags. In the beginning of spring I had some left over clams and bloodworms from the bay. The next day I took them down to the Delaware river by me to fish for stripers coming up. I caught a few small ones on bloodworms and I knew the clams would really only catch catfish- which were not biting.
    Anyway- two Hispanic gents (I am Hispanic) come walking by and they were saying the tide would be better in about an hour or two- they were going to grab something to eat and hit it again. I thought- hmm, I am about to leave- maybe I will give these 2 nice gents my leftover bait. So I offer, I explain it is both bloods and clam- but if they wanted it they are more than welcome to it.
    They took the bait and thanked me then walked away. after about 10 minutes I left. I walk along the beach and turn right onto the grass and what do I see? The bag of bait sitting on the ground. Ok, well maybe they stuck it there while they were going to eat and will get it on the way back- but when I look inside I just see the clams. So these jack offs took the bloodworms and just threw the bag on the ground 4 mother effen feet away from a trash can!
    What really pissed me off- besides the apparent lack of respect for our environment- is that these spics give this spic a bad name when they do that sh*t! Ok yeah it is like 2 months later and I am still pissed!

madcaster that is disgusting! What a shame the towns wont enforce the littering laws. Bunch of slobs out there. Last night I was walking a beach that had a lot of dead bluefish. Giant ones. Why would you just catch it and leave it to die? A-holes. Rob I didn't know or care that you were Spanish. Just thought of you as a funny guy who writes entertaining fishing reports. Why is it that a few bad apples make the rest of us look bad. For instance I am of Polish heritage and lots of folks make polack jokes. No big deal. When you have people from any nationality doing the bad stuff and littering - polish, Italian, germans, spanish, Chinese, Russian, et cetera it makes the whole group of people look bad. When will those F***-tards start to care about that? Probably never. Really sucks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trash pigs.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	18451

I took this pic at the hook today. Why do slobs do this and dump all their trash where it is only supposed to be for used fishing line?

Thank you Jason Thomas. He's they guy putting up all the signs at UB. They burned his first sign but he didn't give up. Nice going man let's keep this up and shame the litterers.

http://www.nj.com/ledgerlive/index.s...l#incart_river

Thank you sir! I wish they would get the pigs to clean up back by oyster creek it is so disgusting there.

A follow up to this. the 3rd sign that Jason Thomas has put up. It seems like it made a difference finally. Please call F&G or the UB police if you see guys littering out there.
    UB police
    650 Poole Ave #1
    Union Beach, NJ
    (732) 264-0313

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 356.jpg  

Good for him! thank you sir.
    Thanks for posting the pd contact as well. I will call them if I am there and see some guys littering.

They need to start enforcing the law and writing lots of tickets. Whether you speak english or not you should have to follow the law.

Jason Thomas video

I was out and about during the last 2 nights and looking for Jason Thomas' sign. Did someone trash it? Couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    Jason Thomas video
    This is awesome thank you for posting. I was fishing at one beach this weekend that was so filthy and disgusting! There were trash cans, all overflowing and stuff piled on the side. I wish people would be more respectful. Lots of empty cardboard bait boxes and bait bags all littered along the beach and in the bushes too.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    I was out and about during the last 2 nights and looking for Jason Thomas' sign. Did someone trash it? Couldn't find it.
    That sign is long gone. The guy had the right idea. He was only one dude though. He lost against the thosands of pigs and slobs. Wonder if we could go to their houses and trash them the way they trash our beaches.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12