I was on the way home from work Friday and stopped at some jetties to check out if there were fish there. There were a lot of guys who looked like they had all the cool gear. I noticed a lot of the guys wearing korkers. They also were wearing breathable waders too, a lot of them. Now forgive me for asking this, but I am not made of money. It seems to me those jetties have some pretty sharp rocks on them. Unless you are part mountain goat, you are likely to fall, at least once a season. So why would you wear breathable waders on the jetties?

If you fall you will rip them up and they are useless, no? You can't tape them with duct tape. The reason I am asking this is that I was sweating in a sauna wearing my neoprene waders at sandy hook last night and am looking for some breathable ones. At prices from $150-350, why would you chance going out on the sharp slippery rocks with sharp barnacles on them with these expensive waders? Aren't there more reasonable alternatives? Thanks in advance for your advice, fellas.