I just read this, it was posted by Jross. I thought it was honest, compelling, and indicates how sometimes our problems are not as bad as we think.

I got a lump in my throat as I read it.

I don't know if anyone else will feel the same, but I thought I would pass it on, as originally posted by JRoss.

There is always someone out there who has a heavier load to bear....

Thanks to all Vets for all you have done for this country.

Quote Originally Posted by jross View Post
Went to secret spot 18 at 3:30 AM. Guy comes out of his truck in the parking lot and introduces himself.

We start talking some and I find out this guy, a Marine back from Iraq has trouble sleeping so he was just out. He shows me a bullet wound in each leg below the knee and one under his chin.

He was the gunner on a whirlybird when this Iraqi shepherd came out of his hut with an AK47 and started blasting at the chopper, hitting this Marine three times. The Marine even though he was hit hard took out the Iraqi and his sheep to boot.

He tells me the government gives him $250 per month and social Security disability around $1350 per month for a total of $1600 per month. His rent is $1300 per month. He has a 15 year old daughter to boot and is a single parent.

Why the hell do we, as a country, treat these guys like this? And the friggin teachers ***** about paying for their own medical care.

Anyway we talked for two hours which is what I think he needed and if I had any money with me, I would have given it to him. I finally got out on the sod and finally got a keeper bass on the tide change. I think the Lord gave it to me just for listening to one of our warriors. He said people call him a hero but he says no, the true hero's are those who do not make it back. Sorry about the rant, but I am pissed.