Thread: NY fishing reports for June 2011...www.StripersandAnglers.com

Default NY fishing reports for June 2011...www.StripersandAnglers.com

NY fishing reports for June 2011...www.StripersandAnglers.com

LI fishing: NY fishing reports for June 2011

Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    OutFront (Ocean) OR -- OutBack (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.
    Some acronyms -

BP -- Breezy Point

CB -- CrossBay Bridge
    CI -- Coney Island

Demo -- Sore Thumb/ Democrat Point

FB -- Floyd Bennett
    FI -- Fire Island
    FT -- Fort Tilden Park
    FW -- Fort Wadsworth

GSB - Great South Bay

Jones -- Jones Beach/Debs
    WE -- West End

JBay -- Jamaica Bay
    LB -- Long Beach

MB -- Manhasset Bay
    MI -- Moriches Inlet or nearby
    MPP -- Marine Parkway Bridge

LNB - Little Neck Bay
    OB -- Oyster Bay
    PB -- Peconic Bay

RM -- Robert Moses

SB -- Sheepshead Bay

Shinny -- Shinnecock Inlet or nearby
    SI -- Staten Island

NS -- North Shore
    SS -- South Shore

Mecca -- if you gotta ask where that is, can't help ya

_Pescador29,
    you won the plug in the May random drawing!
    PM me your address so I can send it out to ya!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

Stupid fishing off of Jones today, fellas! We started at 4:30, broke the inlet, found some bunker, snagged a few. The interesting thing is that the bass were not underneath them, they were in slightly deeper water. It seemed like the biggest fish were on the sides of the bunker schools. We managed almost 20 bass to 39lbs between the 4 or us, kept 4 in the 20lb range.

Went on my buddies boat today out of JI. We ran into a lot of bunker early, filled the livewell. Found the bass near teh bunker, but we had to drop with weights to the bottom. Got 9 stripers to 26pounds, only keeping our limit. Great fishing, and done by 10am.

Left out of FI this morning early, found the bunker. We wanted to get some for the livewell, but they were mixed in with these monster blues 15-20lbs. Man these were tackle busting brutes. We played it out, until our arms were tired from reeling in the big blues. We did manage one 25# bass for the table.

Quote Originally Posted by nitestrikes View Post
    monster blues 15-20lbs. Man these were tackle busting brutes. We played it out, until our arms were tired from reeling in the big blues. We did manage one 25# bass for the table.
    Sounds like a good time, its been close to two years since I have gotten into some big Gators....I miss them big time.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I hear ya Monty, me too, I miss them, and I'm damn crabby about it!

I'm specifically talking about gators here, the gorilla blues that get my pulse running.
    I would get them in the Spring and late Summer in the river, not here this year in any numbers for us surf guys, although they did hang around some bridges and harbors early spring when the bunker were thick. Yesterday they made an appearance at one of the beaches you fish.

But they weren't there today, not the big ones anyway.

And the LI guys just starting to get some real good surf action with big blues (boats have been hitting them, but all of a sudden they are thick in the surf over there). Yesterday was the first promising news I had of those demon gators.

We need more bait in the surf. When they chase bunker, they're gone when it leaves. Bunker suck all the bigger fish out of an area like a vacuum, as Finchaser has mentioned so many times.

Nice report nitestrikes, catch em up!

Ah you NJ guys can have the gators. I don't use wire leaders, so have had many bite-offs lately. Those things are eating machines! Fished the NS last night, set up in 30' of water with chunks and heads, 2 bass to 25lbs and a whole mess of 10# blues.

Back bay from 9pm-1:30am, the bass were on the bunker, got a nice one on a snag and drop, about 30lbs, released.