0 0%
  • Target Sharks

0 0%
  • Other

2 10.53%

Thread: July and August Fishing Poll

Hybrid View

Default July and August Fishing Poll

Do you target Stripers and Blues in July and August?
    I fish Jersey and will continue targeting Stripers and Blues through these months.
    Looking at my logs over the last 4 years I have caught a few bass during these months, but 2007 and 2009 were very good with blues.
    Last year was dismal for blues and bass in these two months for me. I caught more Fluke accidentally than Bass and Blues together.
    So far this year has been very good in quantity of blues for me (not much in size), hoping it will continue. Average year for bass, again not much of size for me.
    I like fishing these months, challenging and I don't see many others in the areas/times that I fish.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

tuna and fluke when we can't get offshore on weekends
    Bass and blues weekdays

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

"I like fishing these months, challenging and I don't see many others in the areas/times that I fish." Monty

I agree with Monty on this. I will still target Bass with plugs during these months, more of a stuborn thing with me. Plugging the dark and just not wanting to give in. The humidity and bugs can be brutal and you will talk to yourself about why you are out there, but it's too hard for me to resist.

Sometimes I luck into a Bass, most times not. But, to me, it's about being there and the effort, I enjoy it too much to stop during these months.

Quote Originally Posted by surfwalker View Post
    I agree with Monty on this. I will still target Bass with plugs during these months, more of a stuborn thing with me.... Sometimes I luck into a Bass, most times not. But, to me, it's about being there and the effort, I enjoy it too much to stop during these months.
    What surfwalker said. I'm too stubborn to pack it in for the summer. When the bunker finally leave, we usually settle into a pattern where some small bass can be caught at night. I either target them, or start hitting different bodies of water with the yak.

Or..... when big blues are finally around with consistency, switch over to big bluefish.

I have been known to travel 100 miles to catch 15# blues. I'm addicted to that fight. Many guys turn therir noses up at big bluefish and complain. That's ok, all the more for me.
    Good thread, Monty.

I start fishing for fluke, it's a way to pass the time and get out to the beach. My wife thinks I'm fishing, but I also bring binocs to the beach to scan for the best or smallest bikinis.

seabass fluke

Quote Originally Posted by plugcrazy View Post
    I start fishing for fluke, it's a way to pass the time and get out to the beach. My wife thinks I'm fishing, but I also bring binocs to the beach to scan for the best or smallest bikinis.
    Smart man, except the hotties in thongs are kind of hard to see when you are 2 miles offshore in a boat. I would agree though, fluke are around, keepers are available if you weed through the shorts, and they make a mighty tasty sandwich!