Thread: Jackpot, Sewaren

Default Jackpot, Sewaren

Just got a phone report from Brian in SI. Things have really slowed down there, he hasn't caught a bass in almost 4 weeks. So he came to NJ to fish on the Jackpot.

His report:
    "Last week, after reading all the reports from the Sal Cursi of the Cathy C, I figured we would go to NJ to get in on some of the fantastic bass action he was bragging about. I read Sal Cursi's raritan bay reports and I was .
    Well, it turns out that guy was all hype!
    I went on the Jackpot out of Sewaren. We went to old orchard, nothing. A few other spots, nothing. Finally we moved here and there near the channels, and got 3 bluefish and one striped bass that was barely 28", by pinching the tail it was legal. That was the pool winner. Although I had a good time on the jackpot and felt that the mates tried their best, I am not sure I will come all the way over to raritan bay to fish on a party boat for bass. I think I will go to brooklyn next time"

I never liked that Capt Sal of the Cathy Sea. Thought he was a loudmouth and wildly exxagerated the bite. Almost as outlandish fish stories as Ristori. jmo. sorry your friend had a bad trip, I think the Jackpot is a good boat, my friend goes on there.

Can't believe people fish with Sal. He could care less he plays on lets save the bunker and bs reports what ever is good for businesss a true assho_e. Another snag and drop want to be who can't catch fish without bunker

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again