Thread: NC Politicians SU_CK

Default NC Politicians SU_CK

Stripers Forever Members - things are boiling down to the last two days in NC. Our allies there tell us that a couple of legislators representing commercial fishing interests have kept the game fish bill from going to the floor by threatening to be uncooperative on budget issues. We're told that this bill will pass if it gets to the floor, and that striped bass, red drum, and speckled trout will no longer be fished to the brink due to commercial pressure.
    We need to send our e-mails RIGHT NOW to the people who can snap their figures and move this legislation. Please send you e-mails immediately to:
    Speaker of the House, Thom Tillis, email, thom.tillis@ncleg.net
    President Pro Tempore of the Senate, Phil Berger, email, phil.berger@ncleg.net

Put it in your own words or tell them this:
    Don't delay another minute. It is time to remove the pressures of commercial harvest from striped bass, speckled trout, and red drum. I urge you to do the right thing, and allow HB353 to come before the legislature for debate. Whether or not I have any reason to come to NC as a fishing tourist totally depends on whether or not there is anything left to fish for!

Please don't forget to put MOVE HB353 in the subject. line of your e-mail

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Hope you dont mind, I just copied the italics and sent it to Tillis and Berger. I have no faith in politicians. I think they all talk out of their asses. If I told them what I really think of them, they would probably come and arrest me. So I just copied your words, keeps me out of jail and doesn't cut into my fishing time.

those were not my words this was sent out by Stripers Forever I just pasted it here from an email

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    [Our allies there tell us that a couple of legislators representing commercial fishing interests have kept the game fish bill from going to the floor by threatening to be uncooperative on budget issues.
    Why do politicians persist in playing these games?