Out front last night, went to check out a hot bass bite. When I got there, one place was crowded, so I went to 2 other less crowded places, and then came back.

What's with the guys who drive all the way down to fish, then stand around at the top of the beach waiting for something to happen? How about making your own rain for once, instead of running to the bloody scene when someone else hooks up? Every spot I go to I always put in a few casts. Just because fish were caught at "X" last night is no guarantee they will be there tonight. Many of these bigger fish in the last few days were caught by blind casting. You never know till you try, right?

OK, rant over, I got blanked last night, not just in one state, but 2. When I made it back to the place I originally stopped at, guys were carrying bass off the beach. I went to try and put in some casts, and the story I got was:

The guys who were all hanging around staring, went home when they didn't see any 30's being pulled out. Then, the bite started, and lasted for about an hour. No huge fish, but about 15 fish 28"-34" were pulled in.

The coolest thing was when I got there, a group of friends who filled me in said: 'Hey man, hurry up, the fish are here, there're over that way, go get one!"

If you guys read this, you know who you are, thanks. I missed that bite by 5 minutes, but that's fishin. Congrats on all those fish you guys caught.

After that, went to get some bunker, and headed for NY.