Thread: Staten island fishing spots?

Default Staten island fishing spots?

Looking to head over to staten island sometime this week to see what its like and would really like the heads up on some nice spots to go with the girlfriend and relax/fish.

xtreme, a great place to start is great kills (Gateway National recreational area), google buffalo road in SI to find it. It is primarily a night fishery and all about the bunker. If there are no bunker around there are no fish. A few guys I know always got bass to 40# there in the spring, but this year it did not happen. The largest bass I heard of from the surf was 29lbs, and that was quite a while ago. IMO the bay there is done unless you find bunker at night, and the water temps in the RB area, whick GK is part of, have been around 70 lately, too hot for most bass. There are some other places there, where you can fish the channels, those would be better options. This time of year it's better to fish the ocean at night. That's why I haven't been there from LI, its not worth the trip over the bridge to me, maybe it is to you.

One thing, it is a good beach to bring your family to, in the beginning of the season it's clean, and well-maintained, And very safe, so if you are bringing any kids there you don't have to worry.

Thanks nite