Thread: A-40 and 2 Conrad Sr.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Heres a few I have been working on for awhile it's a little bit of a slow go these days.The A-40 is just shy of 3 oz. and the conrads are 4.6 oz.
    very nice job bro i like the scale great color bro

Cool history lesson, guys. Nice pluggage too surfstix

School...of...COB.!!!!!! Lol

Thanks all I'm getting back to the mancave slow but sure sometimes I tend to push myself to far and have to take a break for a day or so.I have to Thank Fin for the early lesson on Danny's he forwarded it to me good info.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy View Post
    School...of...COB.!!!!!! Lol
    School of cob, as in corn-cob mullet?
    What did I miss here, is the COB school a good one, or one that I should stay away from, like the school of old men who are 70, who still go out to the dance club at night?
    Btw, great colors, surfstix, nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    School of cob, as in corn-cob mullet?
    What did I miss here, is the COB school a good one, or one that I should stay away from, like the school of old men who are 70, who still go out to the dance club at night?
    Btw, great colors, surfstix, nice work.
    I kind of named myself cranky ole Bassturd before my last surgery so Speedy uses COB so no one gets offended thats the short version.BTW another thing with metal lips is lose the snaps and either tie direct or use a loop knot to give the plug more freedom of movement.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

While we are on the metal lip subject all of them need to be tuned after they are built I'm sure the 1st. way you all know bending the line tie up or down to get it to swim deeper or higher but in some cases the lip itself needs to be adjusted ever so slightly if it is still not swimming correctly not alot it will be small increments because if you go too far you will probably never get the lip back the right way again and the lip will need to be changed but the key consideration is every builder designs their plug to do different things for different conditions shape wise weight wise even sneak a different lip in there I actually just threw the last 2 surfsters in a container of water to see what the difference would be with the lefty lip compared to the surfster lip the lefty made it sit just a 1/4 lower in the front so when it swims I should have more bite as long as the butt don't come out of the water too far.Something else to think about is these lips are getting dropped banged pulled in and out of surf bags this all takes a toll on them so the next time that plug isn't swimming right give it a quick check.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.