Thread: NOAA and DR.L want to eliminate RECS

Default NOAA and DR.L want to eliminate RECS

Please read how NOAA led by Dr. Lubchenco backed by Obama are out to eliminate recreational fishermen. Pay close attention to Lubchenco's career and who she hires all from PEW

http://www.biggamefishingjournal.com...Conspiracy.pdf

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Excellent post, Fin. There is a thread that was started here a while ago that seeks to make the connections between Pew interests, Dr Jane Lubchenko, and how she's influenced by PEW agenda. I'll try to link it when I get a chance.

You have been preaching this stuff for years as well, to anyone who would listen.
    You were one of the first people who raised my awareness and level of knowledge in this area.
    Unfortunately, not many were listening.

This article, though long, may not be read by a lot of guys because it is about the politics of fishing, rather than fishing itself.

However, I found it to be very enlightening, fair and balanced as well.

I'll try to dissect it a bit when I have more time, and post up a sentence or 2 from it.
    In the meantime, I encourage those who wonder why the decisions are made, and why it seems things don't flow from a common sense standard, to read this, as finchaser suggested. It really gives you a better understanding, all in easy-to-understand language.

Thanks for sharing this.
    Anyone else who wants to C&P some of the quotes you found most compelling, feel free.

I just scanned it. The writer looks at both sides, good viewpoint. Thanks for posting. I hate dr L, btw, I think she is a Nazi. There are so many fish types closed down now it is ridiculus.

I do not think they are "Nazis". I do feel that they don't take the fishermen issues into account when making decisions. Thank you for the info finchaser.

Fair and balanced, X2. Good read, thanks.

Is lubchenko a pew puppet?
    Is obama the puppetmaster? I think this whole business stinks. In many municipal and state positions you can't hire relatives or people who regulated your business before you hired them. Why is this permitted at noaa? Isn't there some conflict of interest violation at the least?

"They don't understand the perspective of those outside their wealthy, elite. DC community"
    Capt Len posted this video on another site, it explains how fanatic and removed from reality how groups like the EDF are. These are scary people folks. It seems they are committed to pushing their agendas no matter how wrong they are. Thanks to Len for putting this together, thanks Finchaser for helping to publcize this.

I can't stand people who think they are better than others just because of the education they have.

If they get their way, what you could have in a few years is a bunch of elite ivory tower eggheads who think they have a mandate to dictate fishing policy for the masses, and that we don't matter. Wait, isn't that what we have now, so how would that be any different?

It really is despicable. When they are elected they purport to represent the people. In actuality they only represent the interest group that has the most influence over their re-election or re-appointment.

Perhaps we are handling this the wrong way we need to study the marine enviroment more, so to be fair they should be taken out on a boat and dress each in a seal suit so they understand first hand how hungry the poor starving sharks are. Start at the top of the food chain and work down. I'm sure we have all seen how the great whites play with seals for those who haven't I'll put up some pics its really quite harmless and they will definitly understand their behavior patterns better first hand and have a much more accurate finding hey its just an idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails great_white_attack_on_seal.jpg   sharkseal.jpg  

great+white+launches+attack.jpg   sharksealmouth.jpg  

Cranky Old Bassturd.

Those are great pics surfstix. While they are at it they should go out on a party boat and see how "endangered" the dogfish stocks really are, when you are on a seabass trip you sometimes have to move 10x to get away from the doggies. This all could be resolve if they looked at everything as interr-related. I think it's been said here more than once in some other threads. I think the worst thing is a lot of them truly know nothing about fishing, or they can't see things from fishermens eyes because they don't fish.

No there all just a bunch of enviromentalists that all came out of the woodworks and think they are going to save the world they don't know fishing,animals or anything else they think they can save.Survival of the fittest is how this world works theres more of us then them.We need to bring back the wild west and the sundown hangings.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.