Thread: Night Rainbows

Default Night Rainbows

Took my little guy for some night time rainbows at our favorite lake. We had them under the boat for hours. Lots of bait, lots of fish and they were hungry. They moon rising was not bright so the bite continued with some bigger fish coming in. The large one in the pic was almost 19". Best part was the smiles the entire night and listening him tell mom, bro and friends today!

Of course, he caught the most and the largest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6567.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	13766Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6566.JPG 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	13767Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6561.JPG 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	13768

way to go little guy

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

way to go

Thanks Guys! The rainbows bight very lightly and you only get 2-3 bites and they move along. It causes you to swing and miss a lot of times which I did. Amazingly, the little guy missed only once and all of the rest were solid hookups. He has been fishing since one and he is so in tune with the fish it is scary at times. We had a lot of laughs last night and we had a nice grilled rainbow trout dinner tonight!

Outstanding report, C4.

One o' these days he's gonna pull in a big bass from the surf to beat his Dad. Hope you're ready for that, bro.

He's a natural, the way you described his technique, it seems like he learns something new each time. Must have something to do with his teacher. And the patience to do what it takes to hook a fish at his age is also impressive.

I also know that even though you had one for dinner, you're pretty careful about the ones you release. During this weather, the higher water temps make that a critical factor in the survival of any fish. WTG in teaching him how to do it right.

Were you guys chumming with dead spearing or shiners Re: Manny Luftglass, or just using bait?

Looks like you had an awesome night with the little one, good dad, nice report.

Thanks Dark. The couple we took out of the water came home with us. The ones you release MUST stay in the water and be unhooked quickly. We crush our barbs to make the release as quick as possible. We chummed with some cooked corn and caught on corn tipped nightcrawlers. I heard shrimp works as well but have not tried. I would rather eat the shrimp than give it to the rainbows.

Very nice report, nice smiles all around.

Cool!

Awesome report, nice to see someone so concerned about the fish living after you release it.

Your son looks like he just won the lottery. The smile on his face is priceless. Good deal, Dad!

Very nice report.

I went back for some nightime rainbows on Wednesday with a buddy of mine and we had consistent action on rainbows up to 19". Also caught a brown trout which was a nice surprise. Took one rainbow home for dinner and it was delicious! All fish released while in the water and most of the time the barbless hook fell out while in the net which makes it nice and easy.