Thread: Home made lures etc

Hybrid View

nice bucktails JB!

Thank you Rob.

Going to put a hurting on some fluke with this jig.

1oz Ultra Minnow with 5/0 Mustad Ultra Point.

I tie them with shorter hair intentionally so the trailer can swim freely; this has been working so much better for me this year.

Real sweet BT John they look like they will catch FOR SURE!!....I wanna tye some up before fall gets here..Just gotta get some jig heads...I would like to get some molds soon and pour my own...Havent had the time to look into what i need..

Well you know where to get the jig heads...it's not like I haven't offered. I only have about 30 different molds to pick from.

Pouring lead is no joke, it is very dangerous when done wrong. A few drops of water can empty a 20lb pot of lead. Just search on YouTube for "lead steam explosion".

Definitely spend some time researching the safety aspect of it.

Ive seen a few of those videos..They make me double think trying it myself lol....I may take you up on the jig heads..Had to work on Tuesday of course so couild make it to the fly tying..But we'll run into each other soon im sure

I was at a friends house the other day pouring jig heads, bucktails, and diamond jigs and I caught glimpse of the ugliest bucktail I have ever seen.
    I tried to get a picture of it but he quickly grabbed it and threw it in the hot lead pot destroying all the evidence. He claims to have been tying drunk one night

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Ive seen a few of those videos..They make me double think trying it myself lol....I may take you up on the jig heads..Had to work on Tuesday of course so couild make it to the fly tying..But we'll run into each other soon im sure
    Let me know when you are ready; I can loan you some of the basic things you will need.

I lost your number again...too many people named " " in my phone.

2oz Banana with 8/0 Mustad forged hook.