Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home made lures etc

Very compulsive and nice clean work.BTW yes I am interested in buying some.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    I can't believe how much of a hit these have been with friends. I have been getting asked for these a lot! First two batches all gone...

Wondering if anybody here has any interest in buying a few.

I am trying to get an idea of how much tin I need to order to get through the fall run. Trying to get bulk pricing on tin so I can reduce the asking price for these...
    Very cool looking dude. Do you have an idea of what those sizes are and what prices you might be asking?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    ^^^ I don't usually endorse stuff unless I've hung some fish on them, but I have to say that JB is pretty compulsive about how he makes things.......puts a lot of detail and quality into his work.....For example his bucktails are pretty solid and should hold up well to bigger fish....tins might require less work than bucktails......but you can tell when you see em they're a quality product......

Haven't had time to fish in the last 3 weeks, and it's killing me....
    When I do I hope to hang some fish on his bucktails and tins.....will come back and talk about it when I do....
    Thanks for the kind words. As for the time being I do not have any plans to sell bucktails in the near future. They are just a hobby for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Very compulsive and nice clean work.BTW yes I am interested in buying some.
    Thanks for the kind words. I am working on getting some made in heavier sizes for vertical jigging.

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    Very cool looking dude. Do you have an idea of what those sizes are and what prices you might be asking?
    The sizes and prices for now
    1.5oz = $4.50
    2.1oz = $5.50
    2.7oz = $6.50

These prices are for TINS with NO tube or hook, just the stainless steel swivel as shown in the picture. Almost every local tackle shop carries open eye tubes. You choose whatever brand hook, style, size, color tube, bucktail, ect that you want (cost hook + tube is usually about .25-.50).

Remember, TIN is about 12x the cost of lead.

It's also 30% lighter which means the same size TIN will not cast as far as its lead counterpart. However, when the sand eels show up you can drag these tins through the sand and over the bars and they will only keep getting shinier and shinier. Try that with chrome plated lead ones and you will quickly loose the finish.

Remember, TIN is about 12x the cost of lead.

It's also 30% lighter which means the same size TIN will not cast as far as its lead counterpart. However, when the sand eels show up you can drag these tins through the sand and over the bars and they will only keep getting shinier and shinier. Try that with chrome plated lead ones and you will quickly loose the finish.
    12 times more than lead I did not know that. Nice looking stuff dude. would you dress them with the red and green tubes or use something else?

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    12 times more than lead I did not know that. Nice looking stuff dude. would you dress them with the red and green tubes or use something else?
    I love the tubes, with a good swivel they give off vibration as they spin in the water.

Sometimes you need extra distance and in that case its good to have a lead one in the bag without the tube.

Thought I would again mention some of the tins that JB was making....I had some hanging in my garage.....one of these nights I might actually fish them....

Thought I would again mention some of the tins that JB was making....I had some hanging in my garage.....one of these nights I might actually fish them....
    ********, there is a greater chance of Monty fishing in New Jersey than you actually going out and fishing for once.

********, there is a greater chance of Monty fishing in New Jersey than you actually going out and fishing for once.
    I have to take it back! Rumor is there has been a stinky fisherman cruising the shadow lines of the night tides....

Any canal fisherman here?

6oz with forged 10/0 Mustad hook.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20150630_201647586.jpg  

I have to take it back! Rumor is there has been a stinky fisherman cruising the shadow lines of the night tides....
    That's just a rumor. What I heard....was that stinky fisherman is still fishing from his armchair.
    Nice bucktails JB.

Folks, if you never got your hands on a JB bucktail, I would encourage you to hit him up and get your hands on a few. Rumor has it that they will be in limited production and he's quitting the business at the end of the year.

Rumor has it that they will be in limited production and he's quitting the business at the end of the year.
    Boat fisherman don't fish bucktails?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

^ This is just a rumor.....
    but I heard JB found a nice, sweet Portuguese girl....is now going to church every week.....
    and by the end of the year, he will sell his boat.....settle down...ask her to marry him....
    And they will live happily ever after........

....making many little bambinos.....so he can take them surf fishing and crabbing with him.....

Of course...this is just unconfirmed at this point.......
    "Alleged" intel........
    from my armchair......

** NOTE:
    Some of the material in these posts....may have been embellished....and is for entertainment value only.....

Good idea for the disclaimer. Sometimes without that its hard to tell if you guys are joking or not. JBarbosa got a boat? I thought he was a kayak guy? Getting married too? If so congratulations. Marriage doesn't take away from fishing that much. Just have to make sure you get the honey do list done and then you can fish.

That's just a rumor. What I heard....was that stinky fisherman is still fishing from his armchair.
    Nice bucktails JB.

Folks, if you never got your hands on a JB bucktail, I would encourage you to hit him up and get your hands on a few. Rumor has it that they will be in limited production and he's quitting the business at the end of the year.
    What business? When you don't charge people for product its more of an expensive hobby! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Boat fisherman don't fish bucktails?
    You need to come on the boat and do some bucktailing for fluke! And trolling bucktails from the kayak produced bigger bass than plugs this spring for me.

-

^ This is just a rumor.....
    but I heard JB found a nice, sweet Portuguese girl....is now going to church every week.....
    and by the end of the year, he will sell his boat.....settle down...ask her to marry him....
    And they will live happily ever after........

....making many little bambinos.....so he can take them surf fishing and crabbing with him.....

Of course...this is just unconfirmed at this point.......
    "Alleged" intel........
    from my armchair......

** NOTE:
    Some of the material in these posts....may have been embellished....and is for entertainment value only.....
    See disclaimer...!

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Good idea for the disclaimer. Sometimes without that its hard to tell if you guys are joking or not. JBarbosa got a boat? I thought he was a kayak guy? Getting married too? If so congratulations. Marriage doesn't take away from fishing that much. Just have to make sure you get the honey do list done and then you can fish.
    Boat, Kayak, Surf - they all have their time and place!

You need to come on the boat and do some bucktailing for fluke! And trolling bucktails from the kayak produced bigger bass than plugs this spring for me.
    Very nice bass.
    You getting married? Congrats!!

jbarbosa getting married congrats and good luck! some helpful hints don't be late to the wedding because you were out fishing! and don't get your wife any vacuums or household stuff for your anniversary you will be in the doghouse! Don't ask me how I know that.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    and don't get your wife any vacuums or household stuff for your anniversary you will be in the doghouse! Don't ask me how I know that.

Lol so true. I found that out the hard way. Vacuums and automatic dishwashers are not cool anniversary presents. Congratulations on finding a good wife jb. Does your fiance fish? If so you are doubly lucky.

No, I am not getting married!!!!!!

See Dark's disclaimer:

** NOTE:

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    jbarbosa getting married congrats and good luck! some helpful hints don't be late to the wedding because you were out fishing! and don't get your wife any vacuums or household stuff for your anniversary you will be in the doghouse! Don't ask me how I know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    Lol so true. I found that out the hard way. Vacuums and automatic dishwashers are not cool anniversary presents. Congratulations on finding a good wife jb. Does your fiance fish? If so you are doubly lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Very nice bass.
    You getting married? Congrats!!

See Dark's disclaimer:

** NOTE:

This just goes to show ya.....
    A. Most guys don't read thoroughly..
    B Or....some of us just love bustin yer balls that much..

So.....this new girlfriend of yours........Do you have any pics to share?
    Is she hot? Does she pass approval of your parents?
    How does she feel about you fishing all the time?.....

Sorry...Pal.....had to jump in with the others here....couldn't help myself......

See Dark's disclaimer:

** NOTE:
    This just goes to show ya.....
    A. Most guys don't read thoroughly..
    some of us just love bustin yer balls that much..
    Sorry JB, miss read that, didn't think the disclaimer was for that.
    Any way I should have known better, with Dark not fishing as much he cannot "embellish" on his fishing ventures enough, so I guess its carrying over to other stuff.
    Right Dark?

Whatever you say Pal....
    It's hard to figure out...my arnchair keeps getting in the way....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast