Thread: how close would you get to a huge shark without a cage?

Default how close would you get to a huge shark without a cage?

I cant believe this pic, this is scary. He could have been sucked into the mouth of that shark like a piece of plankton. Good thing they dont eat people. Still a crazy close shot!
    Here is the story.
    http://news.yahoo.com/photos/whale-s...866-slideshow/

1. This diver was almost sucked into the mouth of a massive whale shark as it fed on plankton off Isla Mujeres, Mexico! Check out the slideshow to see more. (Photo: Mauricio Handler/ Handlerphoto.com/solent)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001SN-Whaleshark-huge1_224031.jpg  

No way, no how.

You do have to admit that is a great picture, tho.

Damn lucky it wasn't his last pic not that they feed on flesh but just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

I dont think the diver was in as much danger as you think. If you look close the angle makes it look like he is in the Whale Sharks path. He is actually off to the side of it. I doubt this is a chance happening either, divers head for these waters for the chance of swimming with these massive animals. I was in the water with one many years ago, even held the dorsal fin for a few seconds as it dove. Awesome life experiance. I have been in the water with many differant types of Sharks, sometimes knowing they were there, sometimes they were unexpected. The only time I was truly afraid was when 3 of my freinds and I were Bang sticking Grouper off the coast of N. Carolina and had a 16 foot Tiger show up. To get to the surface we fed it almost every Grouper we had on the stringers. Another awesome life experiance.

^^ Good and logical point.