Thread: We call it "Cow Town"

Default We call it "Cow Town"

For pretty good reason......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mikesmupb.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	13802

My Buddy Mike with his new personal best surf caught bass.

Name:	IMAG0007.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	13803

It was a long 3 mile ride back with sore arms and back with this Pig on the rack.

Name:	IMAG0009.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	13804

It was a little easier in the baskets on mine though. These 2 fish almost weighed the same as Mikes Big Girl... Added up together that is

wow. nice *** fish. where were they caught? i know not jersey where i'm at.

Cow town, seems like the name fits!
    Beautiful fish! Eels or plugs?

Rhodie
    Plugs, North Bar Bottle Darters did the trick most of the night, including the big one.

Holy caped crusader Batman, them are some cows! Nice going, dude!

Nice fish Ed I love them northbars some action on them
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

damn now I'm contemplating coming up north for a few weeks since jersey kinda sucks

Now that's the way to travel. Nice catch!

Quote Originally Posted by seed420 View Post
    damn now I'm contemplating coming up north for a few weeks since jersey kinda sucks
    Fill up the tank, load your gear, hit the road..........................

When you started talking about bigger fish, I had a feeling that's where you were going, Ed.

Didn't access used to be less restrictive, and then something happened with the homeowners or something? I think I remember reading about it a year or 2 ago. good choice with the bikes, then, and nice fish.

I lead a crew that built a 15 million dollar summer home right on the water, a few years ago. I went back to check in with the owner and was told we could no longer use the association parking lot because a car full of people used my name one night, were very loud, made a mess, and the police were called. I know who it was, and I had never told the person driving he could use my name, and I had never even brought him there. The owner didnt hold it against me, but it was a blanket policy of the homeowners. It was in fact the home owner that suggested getting dropped off. It was then I knew the Cruiser was the way to go.

very nice fish there hope we get another shot in the fall

Quote Originally Posted by JustEd View Post
    I went back to check in with the owner and was told we could no longer use the association parking lot because a car full of people used my name one night, were very loud, made a mess, and the police were called. I know who it was, and I had never told the person driving he could use my name, and I had never even brought him there..

He went there anyway even though you never brought him there or gave him permission?
    The nerve of some people.
    It seems that guy ruined it for a lot of guys. he and his loud noisy friends. Some folks just dont get it. Access is supposed to be a right, but that is not always the case. Look at how few fishing areas are on the NS of LI. I imagins where you live it's a lot worse. People who ruin it for others should be punished. maybe the law can't get them, but a flat tire will do just fine. Now you have to ride a bike to get there. I suppose it's all good, because now the only guys fishing that area will be the hardcore ones who really make the effort. Sorry to hear that. Nice fish though. Like seed said, there aren't many guys catching bass like that from shore right now. Enjoy the fish.

I fish a lot of places where access is difficult at best. I have grown to love these spots more and more. They are the cleanest, pristine beautiful places you can fish anywhere on the east coast. The reason being, idiots are lazy. If it takes some effort and cunning to get to it, they just go someplace they can park and fish from the hood of their car. Now that no one can use the parking lot, which is privately owned along with all the roads there, I have no doubt the place will be very uncrowded, even more so than before. 9 times out of 10 trips in the past I was alone anyway.
    They cant shut down the shoreline, and thats all that matters to me.
    The place is called Cow Town, and Dreams come true there....................................

As far as general access, Rhode Island has one of the best legal systems on the coast when it comes to that, just to answer one of the comments made. But......................... all the easiest places to go are the most trashed, and in some cases tagged up by the little "G" units that have no clue what is surrounding them.

Quote Originally Posted by JustEd View Post
    They cant shut down the shoreline, and thats all that matters to me.
    The place is called Cow Town, and Dreams come true there....................................

all the easiest places to go are the most trashed, and in some cases tagged up by the little "G" units that have no clue what is surrounding them.
    Effing right, a lot of the places I fish are bridges or near them. People **** them up and then there is trouble. I wish they would close them all down, I would still fish there in the dead of night, but it would keep the human trash away. Great pixxx.

Oct 2013 Rhody trip....
    This was a fishing bike that a guy we met used to ride to various places to access the bite......

Attachment 17684
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP4358.jpg  

God those are some beautiful fish. Remember when we had fish like that here? Thanks for sharing.

snag and drop has claimed them

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

What a walk down memory lane, thanks for the share.

As someone who lives less than 75 miles from there and fishes both RI and MA, I can tell you this year's fall RI season was short lived. After those fish left the canal they were around RI for maybe 2 weeks. The bulk of them must of hit the open ocean and trucked down to NJ because they didn't seem to hit montauk either.