Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
X2 -Yes, more birds please.
Baitstealer, I don't know what the long island fishing is like but in NJ it is crowded as hell for us. Say ONE thing about a guy catching a 20 lb bass or even a bunch of small stripers and people are on it like flies on ****. I can't speak for dark but it could have something to do with the restricted access that he is always alluding to over there.
You mooks wanted birds, here ya go. Remember I take pics all the time unless the battery craps out. I can bury you mofo's in bird pics, so keep up your ball busting, I won't run out of pics to respond with...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP2618.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	13907

And baitstealer, Steve and some points the others made were right on the money. It's kind of hard to explain unless you have been to the states of CT, the N Shore of LI, or Rhody, and have seen the extremely limited access they have "generously" provided for the thousands of folks who want to fish the shores in those areas. I was at one beach town last week where the cost of a ONE Day beach pass for an out of state person was $40. $40, are you frikking kidding me? (by comparison, the season pass for a resident at that beach was $20.) And a night fishing pass for just ONE town area was $150 for people who don't live in that area.

That tells me they don't want out-of-towners coming up there and poking around. A lot of towns in the Sound are very insular and don't depend on tourist dollars, unless those tourists rent or own houses near the water.

When I meet the guys who fish there regularly, most are very cautious about the intel they're willing to dole out and inviting others to fish there. They know that certain rockpiles and points can only hold 3-4 fishermen at most. Why would you want to share that with someone who may come up there and **** up the place?

I understand completely, and appreciate the intel that has been fed to me, a little at a time. I build on that by obsessively mapping out areas on Google, writing a fishing schedule to take advantage of optimum tides, and doing much of my own scouting for every piece of intel that is given to me.

In essence, I'm working to find those spots, and working hard. It's like putting the pieces of a puzzle together, blindfolded. . It's a lot of searching and dead ends. Not all leads on Google pan out. As I do this, I come to understand the work that others have done before me to get to those areas. I appreciate the stealth tactics some of them use to sneak into the areas on the edges where there is limited access.

As I said, it may be difficult to understand, unless you have been doing the scouting yourself. I'm going to do my best to respect the privacy of those who fish the Sound in the dark of night and find fish because they have done their homework.

Hope that puts things in a better perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
I assume they stood and fished up wind of you