Thread: JCAA claims striped bass are NOT overfished or down in numbers...

Hybrid View

Well then maybe someone is influencing him behind the scenes. The assessment darkskies posted looks like it was drafted by a lawyer. I can tell you that it was a lot easier to catch bass 3 years ago. I know that the numbers are down, my log books show it. I do not need a fancy scientific assessment to tell me that. I am afraid to say some of the indicators we had before the last moratorium (fish highly concentrated in specific areas, larger numbers of fish over 30lbs, lesser numbers of fish under 30lbs,) are all coming to the surface in the past few years.
    Why would a leader of a group that purports to represent fishermen not ask for their opinions? I think Monty was asking about the RFAs position on this. Finchaser do you know if they RFA has posted an official response to this yet? I am sure they will post one soon, as these 2 groups don't always see eye to eye.

Just on the meeting pertaining to stopping Omega from taking bunker in Ches bay. Also Omega is the only company involved with fish management thatneed to show a profit for there share holders which causes them to over fish every year

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again