Thread: World record bass: World record Striper caught in CT!

Default World record bass: World record Striper caught in CT!

I don't think it is official yet. The guy allegedly got it on a live eel, I heard it weighed 81.6lbs. What a fish if true!

"81.6 pound slob was taken in Connecticut waters this morning on a live eel. This fish was believed to have been taken on the Southwest reef by a fellow named Al Stromski. The fish was weighed in at Jack's Shoreline Bait and Tackle in Westbrook Ct "

You are correct albie, but the angler was Greg Myerson.
    Congrats and way to go!!!!

This fish is a true slob. I have read reports on several sites bashing Greg. He's on the stripercup leaderboard with a few large bass already. I think it's just jealousy, but this is what happens with a striped bass world record. Shame on the naysayers and critics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81 new world record striped bass.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	13870

Interesting article on Greg and his patented sinkers

Warren Buffett of the fishing world: Connecticut fisherman Greg Myerson repeatedly breaks own striped bass records

The 45-year-old electrician from North Branford, who began fishing at age 2, reached the pinnacle by methodically studying his prey and developing devices to lure the fish to him and, perhaps, change how people fish.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Monday, August 12, 2013, 2:39 PM

AP

Greg Myerson with one of the record striped bass he caught off the Connecticut coast.

NORTH BRANFORD, Conn. - When Greg Myerson heads out in his boat, some fishermen will follow him. The famous want to fish with him. He's the Warren Buffett of the fishing world, giving seminars in which he'll tell some but not all his secrets.
    The Connecticut man has achieved a rare feat: He consistently catches striped bass 50 pounds and much larger. Myerson set the world record two years ago by catching a striped bass that weighed 81.8 pounds off the Connecticut coast. Last year he set the striped bass length record of about 44 inches. Just last month he caught a 73-pound bass.
    "I'm just going to go ahead and say it: Greg Myerson is the greatest living striper fisherman," declared Rick Bach in an account last month in The Fish Report.

Chris Megan, owner of On the Water magazine, said he doesn't know anyone who's caught so many large striped bass.
    Myerson reached the pinnacle by methodically studying his prey and developing devices to lure the fish to him and, perhaps, change how people fish.
    "I've gotten it down to a science," Myerson said. "That's what all these great catches are attributed to, knowledge of the fish. You gotta think like them."

The 45-year-old electrician from North Branford began fishing at age 2. At 8, he used the feathers from his grandmother's dead parrot to make his first fly, catching a rare rainbow trout and realizing the thrill of catching a fish with something he made.
    He studied fish, learning that striped bass feed on lobster and are drawn to them by the sound they make along the ocean floor. Myerson began trying to replicate that sound with a rattle he put in sinkers, at one point using discarded crack cocaine vials he cleaned up at work and filled with bearings and BBs.
    His methods grew more sophisticated as he listened to crayfish in his 200-gallon aquarium with a stethoscope. He also used a sound meter to determine the decibel and frequency and then tweaked the sound of the rattle to mimic it as much as possible.

"It's the reason why I caught more big striped bass than anyone in the world," Myerson said. "It was my secret weapon for years."
    Myerson said he's received patents for his rattling sinkers designed to lure the striped bass to fishermen and formed a company called Fish Call to sell the products.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...#ixzz2errpdNzy

Myers just keeps crushing them. There is no one who even comes close. Congrats Greg!