Thread: Zeebaas 1st generation

Default Zeebaas 1st generation

I am looking for a zeebaas 1st generation of any size and color in as-new condidion. Let me know if you have one of thete reeels or you know someone who have one.
    The price is NOT a problem.

Folks, I want anyone reading this to know I don't know who this new member is yet, and nothing about them at all.
    As I have already disavowed liability from transactions here, I am not concerned about any liability on my part.

I'm not comfortable with the idea of people joining here just to sell or buy things and not contribute to our community.
    Please, buyer, or seller beware, until I have had a chance to check Mr Giovanni out a little more, when I get the time. Thanks.

dear sir, I humbly apologize if I put an ad on your site. I did this only because I found your site online and is why I was allowed to do so after regular registration. I assure my full honest. if you still think that I am not completely honest or that I have hidden purposes, please consider my application no. I write from Italy and therefore do not know well the rules of your forum. thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by elide.giovanni View Post
    dear sir, I humbly apologize if I put an ad on your site. I did this only because I found your site online and is why I was allowed to do so after regular registration. I assure my full honest. if you still think that I am not completely honest or that I have hidden purposes, please consider my application no. I write from Italy and therefore do not know well the rules of your forum. thanks anyway
    Giovanni, perhaps we got off on the wrong foot.
    Where in Italy are you located, and what do you fish for?
    The thing is, most members of a web-site will not sell a reel to someone they know little about. That was my main point and my apologies if I insinuated something else...as we do know so little about you at this point....

So, benvenuto, amico, tell us about yourself and where you fish in Italy and what you fish for...looking forward to your answer.

DS that's better because I told you what will happen is you keep screwing with us Italains.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I like to fish from the coast to surf casting, even if the bream in our region will become depleted dramatically. I always used Italian or English rods (Italcanna, zzplex) fitted with Shimano reels. about a year ago on the web I discovered Van Staal reels and zeebaas and I immediately appreciated their superb quality of construction and their simplicity. Now I owused Van Staal 150 Usa made (low serial# 19**) and a 2nd generation zeebaas 25 U.S. made. I am looking for a first-generation zeebaas because I can not understand how you can create a masterpiece as zeebaas and bring out this technology in China. I think that a jewel like zeebaas or van Staal have to cost more, but must be built in the USA, the country where they were born. What would you think if a Ferrari was built in china? might be a little faster, a little less expensive, but would no longer a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    I told you what will happen is you keep screwing with us Italains.
    Cement shoes, lol.

I'm Sicilian, so watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by elide.giovanni View Post
    I like to fish from the coast to surf casting, even if the bream in our region will become depleted dramatically.
    Giovanni, where do you fish from the coast, what towns and areas?
    Where did you grow up,, and go to school?
    What else do you fish for besides bream, how big do they get?
    Why have the bream become depleted in your region?
    How do you fish for them, are you using artificials or bait?
    What kind of artificials or bait give you the most success over there?
    Eagerly awaiting your answers....

Giovanni you may want to contact Z directly as they have recently upped their quality control and are doing many more things in the US as opposed to China. The reels that go out now are pressure tested and they have changed the seal materials to improve their water resistance. I believe they have also changed the type of lube they are using as the original z lube had properties that allowed salt water to infuse with it. They have taken steps to ensure the latest revisions of this reel are better than maybe even the first generations. To use your analogy they have taken a dino and made it an enzo