Thread: Swimmer..?

Default Swimmer..?

Not sure what this would be called. I saw something like this in a book. So I wanted it to look like a bunker in a way. It floats …swimslike a wounded fish. 6" long 2"tall. I have never used it until I was down in Deal one day and my buddy and I were walking down a beach , blind casting and we saw a blitz going on. We were the only ones there. I thru this out and hooked up ,but the fish came off. Second cast hooked up again landed a 38”. Third cast 40”. I know it was blitzing condition,but I can’t wait to try it on normal condition see how it does.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0075.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	14048

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9581.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	14049
    this is one of the bass

Why not call it the madcaster bunker bass killer? Sweet plug, nice bass dude.

MBBK for short? Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    MBBK for short? Awesome!
    ^^^
    Times two, nice plug and pudgy bass.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Usually when they don't give it a name and it is shaped like that they just call it a hand carved plug or lipless swimmer.I think they really took off after the rattle traps but they wanted a bigger heavier bait that had more of a bunker profile I don't know if they would consider it a slider with the flattened sides.I do know large rattle traps are deadly on just about anything that swims they just need bigger hooks I've caught weaks,blues,stripers,fluke sea robins on them I don't know if its the tight wiggle or the rattles or a combo of both but they work.Especially now on weakies(chrome blue back 1 oz.) early in the morning with the snappers around with a pretty good retrieve let it sink and then just reel it in they love it when they are around that will do it.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

What he^^^^^^said

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Does it float on its side when at rest or did you weight the belly in 2 spots most of the time they weight it where the 2 hooks are and have a single trebel in the belly and a siwash on the back but if if its not broken don't fix it.Maybe it has the action that just drives them nuts you never know until it proves itself.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Madcaster, Great looking plug. Does it swim like a Rattle trap? Nice Bass, must of felt great to catch on your plug.

It floats parallel to the top of the water …swims basicallyjust straight. But if I let it sit and jerk the rod a little ,it looks like awounded fish .I made a different one with the tie loop was farther up the head …morelike a rattle trap .that one did wiggle a lot better. I haven’t added anyweight yet .I’m still in the learning stages, but I’m still not afraid to step outsidethe box.

Thats the way test test and more tests sooner or later it happens.The bad part about wood is the different densities no 2 are alike even from the same stock.Makes it interesting sometimes annoying thats when you need to walk away for awhile.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Wounded fish is a good effect though. I agree with what surfstix said, you do want them to swim straight. So many guys make plugs and don't even know how they swim because they don't fish them. At least you are out there using them on a regular basis and trying different things. Good luck with them and good luck with the fall run.