Thread: Will the coming hurricane Sandy affect the fishing in NJ at all?

Hybrid View

Default Will the coming hurricane Sandy affect the fishing in NJ at all?

They are talking about us getting the residual effects. Heavy seas. Rain. Rough surf. Do you think any of that will affect the fishing here in NJ?

Default Re: Will the coming tropical storm affect the fishing in NJ at all?

for a few days then again sometimes then end it by pushing all the bait out of rivers and bays as flood water recede

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

The bait was moving fast yesterday. As mentioned the remnants of that storm will push the bait out of here faster. Not good. Just my .02

I say if it doesn't dirty up the water we could be in fair shape as far as the run is concerned.

We need something to get them going, The 50 MPH winds will blow BIG fish into the wash, A sea side shop told me there will be nothing but big fish in the mudline for 5 days................. this is a total sarcastic parody

Perfect storm. I fully expect all the surf nuts will be at the front of the manasquan inlet casting into the storm. How can you even cast into 10 foot swells btw?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    We need something to get them going, The 50 MPH winds will blow BIG fish into the wash, A sea side shop told me there will be nothing but big fish in the mudline for 5 days................. this is a total sarcastic parody
    total insanity. I know this is a parody btw. What scares me is people believe it. I had the best afternoon of fishing all year yesteday. Nowhere near a noreaster and the water was so clean you could literally look 2' down and see the bait..

Here is the latest Euro tracking model. They are the most pessimistic but if it does go down this way we are all screwed!
    http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-b...IV=0&RES=0&WMO