Thread: ZeeBaas......................

Default ZeeBaas......................

is MADE IN U.S.A. AGAIN!
    I am so stoked after my visit to the shop.
    Rob has sold his share to Ron, Wendy, and another unnamed individual.
    They have had full control since this past December, and have moved manufacture back to Connecticut.
    At this time over 80% of the reel is made here, but some of the parts must be bought from overseas vendors, due to the lack of American sources. That is out of their control, but all machining, and assembly is back.
    I AM SO FRIGGIN STOKED!

So, it will now be the only reel made in America? That has to have some heavy marketing value, no?

As they forge ahead, you can bet they will be pushing that hard. It is a matter of legal wording/opinion on how much content allows for the legal use of the term, "Made In U.S.A.". The law is written ambiguously.

Penn Torque is also Made in the USA. The shop I repair rods for ordered 6 of the USA Zee Bass and returned all 6 as each had different issues. Zee Bass refunded the shop as they agreed there were issues. We will try again in the future.

Law says if 51% is made in the USA it can state Made in the USA

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I have no doubt that the situation at Zee is more than well in hand. The quality control measures now in place are bullet proof. You need to see the vacuum system they are using to check the sealing ability of every single reel prior to shipping it out. Give them a call, they are more than ready and willing to stand by this truly amazing reel. Having seen, held and inspected the Torque, you couldnt give me one for free. My opinion Penn really dropped the ball on that piece of ghetto bling.

I couldn't agree more about the Penn I was answering the other person that the Z is the only US reel. I am a fan of Z. Shop left off with Wendy that they would purchase again when she gives the word that QC is good. VS is going to have to retool to stay in the game to match the Z. Gotta love your Ghetto bling statement

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    . VS is going to have to retool to stay in the game to match the Z.
    I've been hearing you say that for a while now, Fin. You had specific ideas how VS could make their reels bulletproof. They had some problems with QC. Your suggestions would ensure they stay at the top of the heap forever. They were allegedly aware of these flaws, and had not yet made the design change.

It's amazing to me that a company like VS that wants to stay at the top will not throw extra dollars into slight engineering changes. There has to be an exteme profit on that reel as opposed to others. One could argue that even if the slight design changes caused an increase in the retooling expenses, they would make it up in the long run.

People revere VS like it's the holy grail. While good, the changes you said are needed would make it even better.

I can't understand why they wouldn't want to make them the best of the best.

Now, ZB will get a chance to move past them. I hope they live up to the expectations. At the money you shell out for them, such a premium brand wants to have the complete confidence of the most extreme end users, the guys who fish in the water, like Ed and others.

I hope this move is a success for them. We have lost so many jobs and opportunities to overseas manufacturers. It would be nice to see the American guys get a leg up for a change. I wish them the best. Keep us posted, Ed.

You guys were the first I told and it wil continue to be.
    There is more coming................

Me personally I'll go with ZB but for now I'll stick with my Saltiga Z 4500 and my stormy day VS, just in case there is a generation 4 around the corner. Then again if I did what JustEd does I'd drown so the reel being water proof is irrelevant. thanks for the info JE

No gen 4 coming................
    Quality control measures and user friendly self service kits with upgrade materials.
    Dont hold your breath waiting for VS to make any changes, quality control in China, to put it mildly, Sucks. Retooling for the upgrades and then assembling the new production would be a long way off due to stock piles of already made parts. Corporations like Zebco, the parent company of VS are unwilling to make major changes uless the issue affects sales. VS has a rabid following who therefore bite themselves in the a$$ because they accept the issues without complaint in many instances. If they recieved the high number of complaints that the grains of sand in ZB crowds gave, Vs would have upgraded the reel stem a long time ago, along with the handle attachment. Those are the 2 issues I am aware of anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JustEd View Post
    VS has a rabid following who therefore bite themselves in the a$$ because they accept the issues without complaint in many instances.
    Hey, I resemble that remark
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Not even close to being directed at you Monty, some of these guys look at a Zee and you'd think they identified the Anti-Christ.....

No gen 4 coming................

Dont hold your breath waiting for VS to make any changes, quality control in China, to put it mildly, Sucks. Retooling for the upgrades and then assembling the new production would be a long way off due to stock piles of already made parts. Corporations like Zebco, the parent company of VS are unwilling to make major changes uless the issue affects sales.
    x2, vs will milk the golden cow to death before they dump more $$ into qc.

Not even close to being directed at you Monty, some of these guys look at a Zee and you'd think they identified the Anti-Christ.....
    Was just kidding there, I am a big VS fan, extremely happy with the VS200 I use (abuse (sand/dunk, etc)) all the time . I have never fished a zee, have held one, turned the handle (its much more smoother than a VS). Would be great if Zee Bass could get their act together.

Switched to ZeeBass in 2013 and liked it more than the VS.
    Had 1 problem when I bought with the knob and they fixed it immediately.
    Didn't baby it, through it around in the sand, waded out and drowned it, not one problem.
    Drag was better than the VS, was smoother than the VS.
    Made the switch permanent and sold the Van Staal.