Thread: Dying flutter lure

Default Dying flutter lure

My brother wanted me to try to make a 3 Hook Monarch Pflueger Lure for freshwater fishing, so I gave it a try. So It’s wire thur and 3” long …and the pic shows how it came out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old de 11.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	14182

I was thinking …I’ll just make it bigger for salt but do a belly hook. I looked on line and found out that they were called DYING FLUTTER LURE made by Heddon.

Name:	redwhite11.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	14181
    So thats what I made. 6” long weight 1 3/4 oz and wire thur and they float. I haven’t tried them yet.
    I made the propellers out of aluminum and they spin very nicely….can wait to see how they do.

Name:	blue11.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	14180

Name:	neddle.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	14183

I made a needle as well , but only with a rear propeller

Nice work madcaster different for sure are they just for freshwater I'm wondering if the props would hold up in salt with blues and stripers.The needle is cool
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Way to think out of the box, Madcaster.

I think Surfstix does have a point about saltwater. There are some big critters out there that would bend the heck out of those propellers, one swipe and they would be history.

Does look purty though....

I met a plug builder at one of the PA shows in the winter. He specializes in plugs like that, makes them out of maple and heavier woods for pike and LM bass. I'll try to dig around in my stuff, find it, and post a pic for ya when I get a chance. Keep up the good work.

I will use them in saltwater.I knew the propellers would not survive a blue fish hit. The needle plug hasthicker piece and I was planning on using a longer tail hook. If I have to I’lljust cut them shorter or off.

The red and whitewill be hanging in my work shop. That was the first and I learned what not todo .

It will be a nicelure to throw in the spring to get some nice top water hits for gator blue. Butdurable is a down side to the plug.

I’ll let you knowhow it does.
    Thanks

Some of the bigger ones with the props look like the lures used in Costa Rica for Peacock Bass which IMO could take out a bluefish nice job

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

You seem to have a lot of talent. Look forward to the next ones. Nice going.

Really like the green needle, good job.

I like that needle too, think it is the nicest one out of the lot.

Madcaster on the first picture (the green plug) it looks like you put the hook on the side. I was wondering if there was a certain reason you did that, does it make it swim any different? thanks

I wascopying a Pflueger 3 Hook Monarch lure . I think they put thehooks on the side to keep the body from spinning. They swim very straight butthe propellers create a nice flash and splashing effect.