Thread: Anyone with insight on a bite at the point?

Default Anyone with insight on a bite at the point?

I know im asking a lot but if anyone is willing to spare any details via private messages, if anything is happening at the big M, surf at the point, id appreciate it before i make the trek. seems quiet up there

Save your gas, a couple rats here and there but not much else in that general area. Slightly offshore in a boat is a different story, but from the surf this fall is really dragging along like a dead cat behind a farm wagon. Basically it stinks from the surf so far with a few exceptions.

appreciate it , its all or nuthing up there, hopefully soon

Not to disagree with 'Buddah; one of the great things about M is that the reports can indicate nothing is happening but if you are willing to work the night tides and put yourself in the mix, you will find fish. October/Nov is my time to make the five hour drive. I am rarely disappointed and have had some epic days. I have yet to land a truly big fish but I do my best to put my offerings into a spot where big fish will swim. Make your own reports. It's time!

I heard it was slow as mentioned above if you really want to put the time in I'm sure you will find something most of the big fish are caught in July and August out there but epic blitzes are great same old somg and dance right place at the right time or fish your butt off and hope for the best.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Mick its good to hear you are doing better then others up there recently, ill make my own reports! thanks all

montauk internet report ebb tide

However, the Saturday morning trip on the Ebb Tide was a huge disappointment, but that's fishing. Twelve of us hopped on fishing live eels and jigging for a total catch of two porgys. Only 2 bass were caught that trip and a couple of blues. Bite was way off.

Having no fish to feed the troops back at the place, Primavera Pizzeria took care of us with pizza, sandwichs and salads for dinner. Excellent food

I fished there from 5-7am today, one bass on a popper at first light.

The Ebb Tide hardly ever catches fish.The lazybones is a good boat if you can get on it capt. Mike is great
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

I got first hand report from several guys putting in many day/night hours for no fish, If this weekends cold front doesn't do it could be a lost run for up there this year.