Pebbles and I were recently at a RE seminar in Fla. The hotel booked was the Hilton. We stayed about a 1/2 mile away at a budget hotel for half the price. There are a few reasons for this....

1. I can't see spending premium dollars to sleep in a bed at night, especially when one bed rate is twice that of another.

2. I don't like paying for breakfast and coffee. The hotel we stayed at offered a full buffet breakfast, in-house baked chocolate and oatmeal cookies , and a clean indoor pool with hot tub.

3. We always travel on a budget because we ain't rich, taking advantage of every internet deal and discount we can find...

The Hilton was a nice hotel, some classy amenities.
But you pay for every single one of them. From the $3 cups of coffee they offered in the morning and the $4 buttered rolls, bagels, and pastries to the $2 bottles of tap water, they're running the registers to maximixe the revenue stream every chance they get . I'm surprised they didn't charge you for the toilet paper in the public bathrooms there....

I understand that, it's a business and we were a captive audience.....

But the thing that ticked me off the most was no free wireless internet access. Every hotel I've been at has offered it free, as part of the amenities, whether you're a paying guest or not.

The Hilton, however, charges something like $6-10 a day for that privelege, something that really struck me as greedy.

So while we have no complaints about the customer service there, and I can say the personnel were nice and friendly, you pay dearly for those friendly smiles.

Just a FYI for anyone who travels and is thinking about their choices....