Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Oct 2011 www.stripersandanglers.com

This afternoon during lunch (12:00 to 1:30 pm end of the incoming ) my friend and I had 9 bass 28 to 33 inches on rubber and poppers mostly popper. Forgot one lonely bluefish about 4 pounds. All still alive and well.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice going finchaser!!!!!

That is awesome ogb! And in the middle of the day no less, congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Nice going finchaser!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    That is awesome ogb! And in the middle of the day no less, congrats.
    Thanks went to another spot for it's high tide today just got in and got the

^^ Ya can't bat those home runs every time OGB, even a talent like you can only do so much with the scattered fish. If anyone says the bass are anything but scattered this time of year and is fishin artificials from the surf, either they're chumming with bait, and fishing bunker heads or they're lyin through their teeth.
    I did manage to find an area yesterday where bass and big blues were stacked up, a rarity for this time of year, by that only lasted for 20 minutes and was related to the thousands of adult bunker that were there. It died as I was walking down the sand to get to em, and the bunker slid offshore.

I realize some of ya's here have got into some good numbers, but this time of year double digit bass catches at night on artificials "were" the norm, for the guys who fish a lot.

And most of us, despite years of doing this, ain't having a banner season so far in the last 2 months..... The only way I can pull in double digits is to fish multiple locations or launch the yak.,Those nights have been very few and far between for me, and many other long-time surfcasters. So don't let anyone's hype fool ya, it ain't easy to catch fish on artificials right now....

I fished 1:30-6:30am, covered a lot of ground.
    Hit most places at or near the top of the tide, made 6 stops. Managed 2 short bass on small swimmer and rubber. All the action I had was done just before sunrise where I was.
    There was bait in the water moving S, but not as much as there had been. No fish of any size under it at that time.

The positive thing I can say for last night is we finally had some steady W/NW. The NE pattern is terrible for consistent fishing, unless you're throwing clams.

This NW will hopefully cool the water, push the bait down the beach, and line up everything so more predators are encouraged to come to dinner, not just when there are high bait concentrations.

I had a very nice night on Thursday night hitting fish in many locations and 3 good size keepers. On Sunday, I found a nice spot with bait and was getting taps on shad, darter, bomber, but no hookups, as soon as I changed to a small rebel, I started hooking up. Decided to take a keeper for dinner! Kids were excited to see me bring home a fish!

Dark, got most of the fish on the lure you saved for me a week or so ago. Thanks!

Played the tide again today took a later lunch 12:30 to 2PM and had 14 bluefish 4 to 5 pounds on a popper and 1 bass 26" on a popper

Wow finchaser you are kicking butt and taking names! way to go, you seem to catch every time you are out there!
    I fished nomoco tonight and got skunked. The bait was there but for some reason I couldn't hook up, using a black bomber.

Cowherder, the bass seemed like they were picky tonight, fished 6-11 and got 2 around the change of the tide on a small rebel.

hey dark what do u have against bait? we have bin fishin bunker in the back of rb, tonight we got 5 bass between the 3 of us but they were real small. im tired of catching small bass and cuz i think even if u r careful some of them die its not cool to catch a lot but we are looking for a keeper so we fish on. i want to come to the ocesn side and fish a bunker head i bet if we fished nomoco we cud nail a bigger one, but dont waste ur time in the back dudes cuz the bass r all small.

Late report, fished OC before work this morning with metal, got a mess of blues to 4#. The three I kept had sandeels in their bellies.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Wow finchaser you are kicking butt and taking names! way to go, you seem to catch every time you are out there!
    I fished nomoco tonight and got skunked. The bait was there but for some reason I couldn't hook up, using a black bomber.
    I don't catch every time. You have to remember I fish sometimes 2 times in a day .I only report when I do catch (if I remember to) and what I get them on to try and help out newbies. You can only catch when the fish are there and feeding no matter how much bait there is, they don't eat 24/7 except maybe for bluefish. I fish patterns and usually get them until a pattern changes right now it seems to be the last 2 hours of the incoming. I also fish different places on different winds that are known to hold fish on that wind, that is why I believe in an accurate log book. One thing I always do , is I never ever use bait don't want to smell like DS

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    I I fish patterns and usually get them until a pattern changes right now it seems to be the last 2 hours of the incoming. I also fish different places on different winds that are known to hold fish on that wind, that is why I believe in an accurate log book. One thing I always do , is I never ever use bait don't want to smell like DS

And he keeps a detailed log and doesn't waste a lot of time fishing a Noreaster pattern, unlike some of us, unless it's the beginning of that pattern..... Some of ya's could learn a lot from the OGB

Even I could learn a thing or 2. And I need to learn a few things, I really do. Such as how not to stink up your waders when you're NOT using bait....maybe not sleeping in em would be a good first step....

Fished last night, 11-4 before and after the flood, 2 bass to 33" on small profile swimmers. The NW was strong and flattened out the ocean a lot. Swells are down to almost nothing. One thing that has still not fallen into line yet are the ocean water temps, which are approx 5 degrees different depending on where ya fish....

Fished yesterday from 4:00pm to 8:00pm. At sun down hooked 2 fish 1 that I lost when it pulled a treble hook from my Mega bait swimmer. And 1 lost in the wash. Wind was blow nnw to north. My second fish was hooked using a x-rap.

Way to go guys, I fished this morning in oc, looking for bass but had to settle for some blues on metal.

This morning - 1 short, first light, Fin-S teaser. Few blues on poppers.

A few mad bluefirst first light on poppers, and one almost legal bass 1/2 hour before that, top of the outgoing tide today in OC.

Heey nice going all you guys, I have caught kingfish and blues but no stripers for me for awhile.

Got some nice blues last night in the back to 13lbs, on bunker chunks, near high tide. Most of the baitfish are gone, but for some reason the blues were back there.

One runt bass today in the wash at 4am, bucktail and rubber. The wind was a little ne nasty with swells. I took off from work to find the albies and went back and forth searching and blind casting. Finally connected a little into the daylight with a small diamond jig where I clipped the tail off and put my own gami short hook on there. I think that helped with the casting distance as it was hard to get it out there. There were no albies showing but I had a feeling they might be around. That one was the only one for me. A guy a little down from me got one 5 minutes later, and that was it. Albie was around 6lbs, quick release.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast