Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY Fishing Reports for October 2011...www.Stripersandanglers.com

Default NY Fishing Reports for October 2011...www.Stripersandanglers.com

NY fishing reports for Octobe 2011...www.Stripersandanglers.com
    NY fishing reports for October 2011...www.StripersandAnglers.com

LI fishing: NY fishing reports for October 2011

Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    OutFront (Ocean) OR -- OutBack (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.
    Some acronyms -

BP -- Breezy Point

CB -- CrossBay Bridge
    CI -- Coney Island

Demo -- Sore Thumb/ Democrat Point

FB -- Floyd Bennett
    FI -- Fire Island
    FT -- Fort Tilden Park
    FW -- Fort Wadsworth

GSB - Great South Bay

Jones -- Jones Beach/Debs
    WE -- West End

JBay -- Jamaica Bay
    LB -- Long Beach

MB -- Manhasset Bay
    MI -- Moriches Inlet or nearby
    MPP -- Marine Parkway Bridge

LNB - Little Neck Bay
    OB -- Oyster Bay
    PB -- Peconic Bay

RM -- Robert Moses

SB -- Sheepshead Bay

Shinny -- Shinnecock Inlet or nearby
    SI -- Staten Island

NS -- North Shore
    SS -- South Shore

Mecca -- if you gotta ask where that is, can't help ya

Rockhopper,
    you won the plug in the September random drawing!
    PM me your address so I can send it out to ya!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

Fished mecca thur into late yesterday, packed it in when the rains came. Tons of bait but very few fish in the wash. One shorty at first light thur, thats all folks.

we fish the breezy beach yesterday and got blues, blues, and more blues. And one bass 27 1/2" trew it back. There was so many blues though and some of them were big 10lbs it was fun. We kept them and they had the little eel fish inside of them. We had a great day, and used metal with green tails to catch them.

Fished a SS beach with sand and rocks on the incoming tide last night. One 21# bass on a rigged eel, and one short. The short was smaller than the eel and he hit it anyway.

Fire Island area this morning, small bass on swimmer and a few monster blues on metal. gorilla blues are in effect.

Fished jones, bunker, beginning of outgoing today, two bluefish and one 29" bass. Bluefish on bunker, bass on rubber shad.

Same place again today, water was a little rough, struck out.

Same for me last night, 7deadly. Time to head east!

Fished out east a few times in the last 2 weeks. I had one day/night of good action, landing bass to 14# by day on metal, and bass to 21# at night on small plugs, total 39 fish that period. There is a lot of tiny whitebait around. Yesterday was very slow. Fished from first light until midnight with a few breaks in between. Many times the fish were just out of reach. Got one bass barely 28# at first light, and some bluefish throughout the day. All fish released.

Fished the top of the flood. Extreme sweep in 30 plus gusts. Managed a few decent casts but lure presentation in zone was short. Had a nice walk, trailed by the skunk the entire way. After breakfast and coffee, I'm looking for some more sheltered water on the northside.

Plenty of guys hanging out at Paulies. Maybe I'll go over and buy some back ups to my backups later.

Can never have too many back ups. Then comes the new super lure you must find and lets not for get back ups for that. I guess that's why I have over 250 plugs. tight lines tonight Mick

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Default Prayer to King Neptune for Mick and his wife at Montauk...

I give ya credit for giving it hell in that wind, Mick, half of the guys up there are hanging in Paulie's, the bars, or the back lot getting drunk in slow times like this, but not you.

And ya even brought yer missus! Say Hi to her for me. Tell her it's the guy who likes to run down your cell phone battery. Send her my regards.

And I hope at least she gets into some bluefish or something...that would make the trip memorable for you both.

I'll even help ya's out with a little King Neptune prayer....
    Prayer to King Neptune for Mick and his wife at Montauk....

O great King Neptune, we beseech thee...
    hear our respectful plea....

We ask your guidance for Mick our fishing brother (and his lovely wife..)
    As far as good friends go, he's like a brother....

(But one who didn't push ya down the stairs,
    Or put ben-gay in your underwear.)

More like a brother to look up,
    shoot the breeze and other stuff...

And a friend of Bill W to boot,
    You will never see this guy Mick in a monkey suit....

Please, great King Neptune, we humbly ask,
    send this guy and his wife some bass...

Whether it's schoolies or bigguns, they're easy to please.
    and in the end they will set them free.....

So please shine down your fishy mojo and show them the way,
    as he and his beautiful bride fish Montauk today......

Thanks Rich! Joyce got a laugh and sends a big smile your way. Fished the northside, rain bait in the water but nothing else. These bass are going to make me come back here the next few weekends......

Mick, anything for a laugh, glad to oblige! And that both of ya's had good times together...
    At least you gave it a shot. We didn't do much better in NJ last night. That's fishin...

Fished the flood on the north side of Montauk on one of the town beaches late last night into the wee hours. Worked a good stretch of beach with a variety of plugs for another round with the skunk. Beautiful night, even with the wind. Still shaking my head over some of the antics of the guys with their lights....

Quote Originally Posted by mick2360 View Post
    Still shaking my head over some of the antics of the guys with their lights....
    I worked a beach in Jersey (early AM this morning), 1 guy fishing in sight, had his light on 25% of the time while in the water. Two other guys walking the beach with their headlights on...the moon was bright enough. I don't get it, don't these guys not have a clue on proper beach etiquette? One of the first things you learn is light spooks fish.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I can't stand the guys with their lights on at all times either, mick and monty. They are just selfish. Why do you need to light up the whole beach? Sorry to hear you took the skunk at mecca, Mick. I fished west of you and did the same, out twice in the week-end, at night, winds were bad and made it hard to throw. The only thing that worked for me to get it out there was a ss needlefish. Still no action, this fall has sucked for me so far.

Fished near Jones tonight, the water wasn't bad. Hardly any weeds at all. Incoming tide, used a needlefish. Got 3 schoolies.

Fished the ss, threw the bag, got the

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast