Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY Fishing Reports for October 2011...www.Stripersandanglers.com

Fished Montauk from last night till this afternoon. Slept for a total of 4 hours. Total one small blue on a tin. Lousy fishing.

Fished the sand beaches on the flood tonight throwing pencils and bucktails for.......nada! Back to the room for a cup of decaf and a few winks, heading out to the northside for the early morning wind storm. Gotta shake this Montauk skunk soon. Hoping the big winds encourage 'em to put on the feedbag.

something has to happen for ya out there Mick I guess not fishing for 2 yrs. I haven't missed much Good Luck with the wind its supposed to be cranking.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Everybody talks about noreaster fishing. The reality is, it sucks for most places, other than Montauk.

2 years ago, the wind was howling there, 40mph. I was there to fish but decided to skip it that day because of the high winds. Later in Paulie's a guy brought in a 41# bass he got during that blow. Some other fish 25 and above were caught as well.

You're slightly insane for being up there now, but I know the compulsions are strong...Good luck Mick!

If Montauk doesn't work for ya, ya need to make a road trip to NJ.
    Call me when you have the time to fish the NJ night tides....

Fished the SS this am, S side of an inlet, it was brutal! Could only hang out for an hour. One bass 31" on a chartreuse darter.

Default Mick's Excellent Montauk Adventure

Alright gents, here's the Mick 2360 report. Out at 5:30 am to fish the rise on the north side. Saw a huge flock of birds working a pod of bait. Hoping to get Joyce a fish, would cast and hand her the rod. We had a couple of bumps but no fish. Back for coffee and eggs and then got dropped off in a howling storms to fish the ditch. Beautiful water, huge sweep but fishable, so fish I did, Threw a big kastmaster and bucks during the early stage of the storm then switched to a white/red bottle plug; it was the only thing that would cast long and give me the motion I needed in the big surf. Nice walk in the rain, which was coming down sideways and lots of exercise for my casting technique but no fish. Tempted to give the north side a couple of hours but mentioning it gets me some stern looks from the bride, so I'll set an early alarm and check conditions.

I got a kick out of a couple of cell phone fisherman showing up just as birds dispersed this morning. It was fun to figure where the fish might be and then see them show up, only to be followed by the cellular crowd. I would have enjoyed catching a few even more but it is looking like it may not happen for me this year. Time to think about admitting defeat and getting home to shovel the snow/leaf combination that has buried my driveway back home!

Next weekend I'm going to throw in the towel and call Rich. I understand there may be some fish in NJ. I'm leaving the in Montauk.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Everybody talks about noreaster fishing. The reality is, it sucks for most places, other than Montauk.

2 years ago, the wind was howling there, 40mph. I was there to fish but decided to skip it that day because of the high winds. Later in Paulie's a guy brought in a 41# bass he got during that blow. Some other fish 25 and above were caught as well.

You're slightly insane for being up there now, but I know the compulsions are strong...Good luck Mick!

If Montauk doesn't work for ya, ya need to make a road trip to NJ.
    Call me when you have the time to fish the NJ night tides....
    See you next weekend, Rich. I've done my bit for the Montauk economy for this year!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12