Thread: NY Fishing Reports for October 2011...www.Stripersandanglers.com

Hybrid View

I can't stand the guys with their lights on at all times either, mick and monty. They are just selfish. Why do you need to light up the whole beach? Sorry to hear you took the skunk at mecca, Mick. I fished west of you and did the same, out twice in the week-end, at night, winds were bad and made it hard to throw. The only thing that worked for me to get it out there was a ss needlefish. Still no action, this fall has sucked for me so far.

Fished near Jones tonight, the water wasn't bad. Hardly any weeds at all. Incoming tide, used a needlefish. Got 3 schoolies.

Fished the ss, threw the bag, got the

Fished Montauk from last night till this afternoon. Slept for a total of 4 hours. Total one small blue on a tin. Lousy fishing.

Fished the sand beaches on the flood tonight throwing pencils and bucktails for.......nada! Back to the room for a cup of decaf and a few winks, heading out to the northside for the early morning wind storm. Gotta shake this Montauk skunk soon. Hoping the big winds encourage 'em to put on the feedbag.

something has to happen for ya out there Mick I guess not fishing for 2 yrs. I haven't missed much Good Luck with the wind its supposed to be cranking.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Everybody talks about noreaster fishing. The reality is, it sucks for most places, other than Montauk.

2 years ago, the wind was howling there, 40mph. I was there to fish but decided to skip it that day because of the high winds. Later in Paulie's a guy brought in a 41# bass he got during that blow. Some other fish 25 and above were caught as well.

You're slightly insane for being up there now, but I know the compulsions are strong...Good luck Mick!

If Montauk doesn't work for ya, ya need to make a road trip to NJ.
    Call me when you have the time to fish the NJ night tides....