Thread: 358 lb bull shark caught in georgia crreek

Default 358 lb bull shark caught in georgia crreek

I saw this on the news this morning, they said it was only 4 feet of water where they caught it. Wish I could have found a picture too, the thing I saw on the news was huge!

More sharks calling Georgia creeks home
    Atlanta Business Chronicle by Carla Caldwell , Morning Call Editor

Date: Monday, September 19, 2011, 7:08am EDT - Last Modified: Monday, September 19, 2011, 7:48am EDT

Noel Todd and Leon Howard weren't expecting to catch a huge shark last week while fishing near Shell Creek in McIntosh County, Ga., but that's exactly what they hauled in. The men were shocked to find a 368-pound, 8-foot-5-inch long bull shark tugging on a line as they fished from a boat slip behind a seafood restaurant. An official with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources says it is becoming more common to find sharks, both large and small, in state creeks, reports the Associated Press.
    Todd and Howard said they were particularly concerned because small children were swimming in the creek near where they caught the bull shark. Carolyn Belcher, a shark expert with the Coastal Resources Division of the Department of Natural Resources in Brunswick, said the shark most likely was following a trail of dumped fish and not hunting for people.
    Belcher told AP that while she had not heard of the catch in McIntosh Co., sharks are becoming more common in Georgia creeks and other waterways.

“This is more common than most people would think," Belcher said. "Usually, the sharks follow the fish in. And since smaller sharks have been displaced lately because of changing salinity in creeks, the larger sharks are moving in."

4 feet of water, didnt we have something like that in NJ in the 1920s, Matawan Creek or something like that?