Thread: captains charters and customers what are they saying

Hybrid View

Def agree with that. The charters do better than the PBs because they can target small bodies of fish. Then they come back to the dock and report that they "killed them, on Da meat!". Total BS. Capt Ron of the Fishermen is one of the most honest captains out there. He tells the good with the bad, never exaggerates. I was on his boat a few times, would def recommend if you want a good fishing trip at a decent price. You have to check out his Dad Ron Sr. The guy is an old salty who often outfishes everyone on board. Then again, the guy has been fishing the salt over 60 years.

from the Brooklyn's capt a few days ago. One of the best party boats in the area-

Well to say this year is not going well would be a nice way to put it. It is already June and no blues on any big party boats almost ZERO.
    Today Capt Mike as always went near and far and far to maybe check to last possible places for Blues to be and we found Zero. We did find some huge bass at the end of the day.

A guy named Frank Theo, commenting on a youtube video:

"My feeling is that the bass fishing is worse than it was during the 1970's and 80's and there's more pressure on the Striped Bass fishery today from all party boats charter boats privet boats and poachers that call themselves fishermen that have been keeping the bigger breeder Striped Bass by the barrel full none stop for the past 23 years.

Three years ago during the fall run a party boat that I will not name posted multiple pictures on
    Norest.com with his bow full of barrels of 30 to 50 LB bass and slobs laid out all over the deck, do you think the DEC wasn't watching this ? They did !!
    That winter the DEC proposed a slot limit between 28 inches to 40 inches per bass. You could only keep one fish per angler on a boat that size, and luckily that DEC bill didn't happen.

I saw this posting and I wanted to through you some input from somebody who's been around the block a few times and saw the hay day of party boats and the privet boat commercial fishing industry come and go, and who loves surf fishing. NOPE I'M NOT A BASS SNOB, personally I could catch bluefish all day and take one home for the table over a bass... Happy Fishing !!"