A guy named Frank Theo, commenting on a youtube video:

"My feeling is that the bass fishing is worse than it was during the 1970's and 80's and there's more pressure on the Striped Bass fishery today from all party boats charter boats privet boats and poachers that call themselves fishermen that have been keeping the bigger breeder Striped Bass by the barrel full none stop for the past 23 years.

Three years ago during the fall run a party boat that I will not name posted multiple pictures on
Norest.com with his bow full of barrels of 30 to 50 LB bass and slobs laid out all over the deck, do you think the DEC wasn't watching this ? They did !!
That winter the DEC proposed a slot limit between 28 inches to 40 inches per bass. You could only keep one fish per angler on a boat that size, and luckily that DEC bill didn't happen.

I saw this posting and I wanted to through you some input from somebody who's been around the block a few times and saw the hay day of party boats and the privet boat commercial fishing industry come and go, and who loves surf fishing. NOPE I'M NOT A BASS SNOB, personally I could catch bluefish all day and take one home for the table over a bass... Happy Fishing !!"