Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
"The stripers were up to 45 lbs and many of them were at least 25 lbs or bigger. If you've been waiting to catch the stripers like we have, now is the time! Get out and catch them while the weather is good! Interested in an extra keeper? Get your bonus tag here. "

Does exaggeration also include captains on the party boats?
2 reports from yesterday-This pic was posted with the 2nd report. Does it look like there was 45pound stripers in the pic? What do you guys think? thanks

The recent Striped Bass bite has been EPIC in our area and we have mixed schools of Bass in our area. You can literally go out there and catch a 40-in fish on one cast, and a 25-inch fish on the next.. Since we need to respect this natural resource, I highly recommend only keeping what you will eat, and get a quick pic and release those fish over 40 inches as they are most likely our breeding females. I do have a few tags left for fish in the 24 to 28 inch lengths - Personally these are the best-tasting ones.
Recently, I had a charter with a telecommunications group on a 5hr Striped Bass trip, we only needed about an hour and a half. We had our 4 man limit by 9am, and released another 14 fish with our 2 biggest at 37 inches.

I saw the same exaggeration. The report above was posted today in LBI by a charter boat.
The charter captain is talking about how great the fishing and measuring his biggest fish in inches instead of pounds. That means that most of the fish they caught were small. The ones they released were small if you read between the lines. 4 guys catch 18 fish and it's EPIC?