Thread: I win the googan of the year award

Hybrid View

Default I win the googan of the year award

Well I have a week vacation, last day of work was friday. Could not fish this am because power problems and can't leave wife at home alone with 5 cats and a bird and a new hip and new knee (that's what she told me so I did not fish). So picked up a bunch of branches outside this morning, found big branch broken in tree 15 feet high, stuck there. Thought better get it down, could fall on a kid. Threw brick at it, no good. Great idea, SS popper, 2 3/8 oz, big hooks, tied it to 50 lb PP, threw it at the branch. Never left my hand. Embedded hook (and barb) into pinky. Went to wife's sons house with bolt cutters, he cut the hook so SS plug was not dangling. Went IMC , xrays, said go to hospital. At hospital as I write this, needed something to do while waiting. Yup googen of the year, should have thrown that plug with my lami. Rough start to my vacation, a frieking snow storm and googen judgment LOL, is that the correct spelling for googen?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nothing wrong with what ya did, bro, I might have done the same (but I might have rummaged around for a ladder and chain saw first....)

Next time, get a pool cue for a rod so ya have less backlash...I might recommend a Harnell, or ya can ask Finchaser for advice...

Hope ya feel better....on Monday I'm going to the trophy shop to see if I can get one printed up in your name...how do ya spell your last name again?...

I believe the spelling is "GOOGAN". Yes you are one. I'll throw in a few dollars towards the trophy if you need the dough, dark. It could happen to anyone, don't sweat it. Get well, there are fish to catch.

Just call me Monty Googan (thanks for the spelling Jigreak). From now on whenever I am in a situation when I need to throw a plug and am confused I'll call Finchaser (a lesson learned). Hopefully get this puppy out of my pinky in the next hour or two, was/still planning on hitting the beach aroud 1:00 am. They are running on generator at this hospital (Morristown). Things moving a bit slow, but they are very nice here.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I have found that to hit a tree I have to cast at the water...

Good luck with your hand.

You definitely qualify for the googan club - more because you can't spell it than because you caught your hand

Hey Monty like they said it could have happened to anybody. Get well soon!