Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2011 www.StripersandAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Tseems like the seaside shops declared charge because a few fish were caught, many guys out not much catching
    That's what I saw last night in somoco, a whole lot of nothing! All the hype, a few tiny fish. Nothing for me not a tap. Threw the bag, the surf was evil.

Fished oc this afternoon, end of the outgoing, one bass 29" on metal.

Fished moco this evening, big waves crushing the surf. I could only fish from a jetty
    Tried a lot of lures, the old and simple worked, bucktail
    Got one keeper looking bass, unfortunately stuck between two rocks, snapped the line
    First thing I saw when I walked onto the beach is a decent bass swam thru the big wave, it was awesome site.

Fished somoco this morning from 5 to 8am. I think it was the last of the outgoing. Clams on one rod, ava jig on the other, and nothing. The waves were pretty big and there was a lot of white foamy water.

fished out front again this morning 6 to 7:30 AM. Caught 6 bass, 4 were shorts to 26 inches 1 around 12 pounds and 1 around 16 pounds all on metal. Released 5 and gave one to a really nice guy who is learning to eat fish. Amazingly didn't get mugged again by an S&A Googan who thinks he is a descendant of Walt Disney.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Amazingly didn't get mugged again by an S&A Googan who thinks he is a descendant of Walt Disney.
    That's cuz my lazy azz slept in this morning....I woke up at 6am and missed the window.....

Alas, there was no Darkskies tour director to direct the S&A sitemembers to the grouchy old basstards crew.... heard Surfwalker and Vpass rolled on by and they couldn't recognize ya....I should have told them to look for the old geezer on the beach who was high hook...

And I didn't get to see Killie hookin a seagull on his 2nd cast. Being the bird man that I am, if I was there I woulda had to take 30 pics for posterity....

Glad ya's all got fish, sorry I missed it.......

After class today, took Pebbles to moco late this afternoon to try our luck at some beaches. The bait had been building all day but was too far off to do surf guys any good. We gave it our best shot anyway. Made 3 stops, surf was calming down, still some mid-period swells, but definitely fishable. Not a tap at any place we stopped. Back at it in the AM.

Got 3 to 31" this morning on t-hex 2 oz. Fished tonight on the outgoing, zero.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    That's cuz my lazy azz slept in this morning....I woke up at 6am and missed the window.....

Alas, there was no Darkskies tour director to direct the S&A sitemembers to the grouchy old basstards crew.... heard Surfwalker and Vpass rolled on by and they couldn't recognize ya....I should have told them to look for the old geezer on the beach who was high hook...

And I didn't get to see Killie hookin a seagull on his 2nd cast. Being the bird man that I am, if I was there I woulda had to take 30 pics for posterity....

Glad ya's all got fish, sorry I missed it.......

After class today, took Pebbles to moco late this afternoon to try our luck at some beaches. The bait had been building all day but was too far off to do surf guys any good. We gave it our best shot anyway. Made 3 stops, surf was calming down, still some mid-period swells, but definitely fishable. Not a tap at any place we stopped. Back at it in the AM.
    Yeah heard the precious bunker were up there and took most fish with it off the beaches. those things are a pain in the a_s for surf guy's IMO

Well it's 5:15 got to go and try to catch some fish don't want to miss the the as you say window got to meet up with mottly crew in 15 miniutes later

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Congrats to those getting out there and giving it a shot.
    Conditions are tough...
    the fish are few and far between (despite what the tackle shops tell ya)
    and there are a lot of small fish in the mix, when there is any type of mix....

I was talking to someone this morning, we compared NJ surf fishin in the fall 2011 to being in the beginning of a very dark tunnel.....you think you see light at the end, but are not sure, and wonder if that light you think you see isn't someone playing a cruel joke on you.....

Fished the surf with the OGB last night in OC. Another S&A sitemember wandered by and we all gave it hell for 2 1/2 hrs.

Despite our best efforts, not even a tap.
    The water temps have dropped significantly in the past 2 weeks.

With the limited numbers of bass now available to surf anglers, a better strategy might be to fish dawn (1 1/2 hour bite usually around this time) and late afternoons when the water has heated up a degree or 2....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I was talking to someone this morning, we compared NJ surf fishin in the fall 2011 to being in the beginning of a very dark tunnel.....you think you see light at the end, but are not sure, and wonder if that light you think you see isn't someone playing a cruel joke on you.........
    Wow, that was pretty profound dark. I have felt that way for the last 2 months, worst fall ever for me.
    Fished in ocean county this morning, smelled the foul smell of the skunk, using metal.

Fished this morning out front from 4:15 to 9:30.
    Big time skunkaroo. First time in a long time where I did not even get a hit.
    Great weather, nice sunrise and a white water extravaganza.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

great pics of the water and sunrise now we just need some fish i got one buddy just called me and he is done till spring he told me is not worth his time to spend money and get no bass i dont blame him at all the little small bass are all over up in the rivers and he just is so done with them for all the people who say nothings wrong with the bass they are nuts from what i see in the last three years the size has gone down and i am not the only one who see this so come on guys lets stop bsing we have to be carefull there are bass around just not the size we want and not in the numbers that should be there

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    for all the people who say nothings wrong with the bass they are nuts from what i see in the last three years the size has gone down and i am not the only one who see this so come on guys lets stop bsing we have to be carefull there are bass around just not the size we want and not in the numbers that should be there
    I agree gjb, I have not been fishing as long as some of you here but this year it's like where are the fish? They are always at the hook because of those rips they have and this year they are not even there!
    Monty great pics and report, that sunrise and white water looks super awesome!