Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2011 www.StripersandAnglers.com

Did the boat thing had 16 bass to 21# all released was off IBSP seems the big body of fish has moved out as it took 7 hours for 2 of us to put that catch together same boat had over 70 yesterday all were also released.. The park in the afternoon today looked like a ghost town, plus the fish finder marked very few fish. The 23 mile ride back was like the dead sea no life what so ever.

Now a 5 day SSE blow will really destroy things with cold dirty water.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished two locations this morning. First one from 1:00 TO 3:00, 1 Short Bass on a Mag Darter. Other spot from 4:00 to 9:00, Back to first spot from 9:45-11:00. Nothing after the first Bass, saw no bait or any bird action. Was like a lake. Was fun out there, to nice out.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Did the boat thing again we had 30 fish to 16 pounds 10 keeper size all released. Very few fish or signs of life from Manasquan Inlet to mid IBSP. First signs of good life was middle of IBSP to the end of it, fish are scattered main body of fish and heavy concentration of sand eels seems to be gone. We had to troll all except 6 fish we jigged at first light. All fish were in 25' to 28' of water which is 1/2 mile off beach. Most of the fish were 22 t0 26 inches which usually happens as run ends. There were 10 head boats there most struck out and went into the deep to pursue bluefish as the bite of last week ended Friday afternoon.

Fantastic catches finchaser. We had some bigger bass since Thanksgiving in the bay to 40". Clams worked, bunker did not. We even got some big blues to eat the clams, they had nothing in there bellies. Tonight was lame, only got 2 big blues, thats all she wrote.

Thanks LD

Fished this am 6-7:30 had 5 keepers and lost 2 others all on metal. One of the ones lost was a 25 to 30# fish got to see it as my 50# leader snapped, the only reason I mention this is it was my fault been fishing that leader for over a week in some pounding surf must have had a nick in it.

That stinks you lost the biggie and it sounds a lot like how i lost mine the other day, old war torn line i hadn't been inspecting, when you get em in that close its almost like close enough but would at least like to get a hand on the fish.

Seems to be some validity to another body of fish in Monmoth county, boat bite I think but maybe we wont have dead water afterall, temps look good for a while, although i want a nice chilly day to separate the men from the boys.

Default bluefin at point pleasant

Hey guys they are reporting this on facebook, anyone know if it's true? If so awesome catch!
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...5021#post55021

Wow finchaser sounds like you lost a real nice fish, thats too bad. I lost a big bluefish over the weekend, my line was chafing on the sand a lot and it gave way. Now I don't know how big that blue was but I have caught one 16lbs and this one was bigger, I saw it in the wash and it was like a bulldog!
    A 30lb striper is a lot nicer though, I would gladly trade you my lost bluefish for the chance to have that striper on for a little while. Better luck next time.
    I fished LBI this morning, got one small bass in the dark on a needle fish, and another on a ava with tail, a 27. The bite was over so fast if you blinked you missed it. I hate that.

Default The "fish in the bowl" are moving on....

Fin and his crew had the hot hand once again....
    I mention this because contrary to what some tackle shops are saying, the fish that were here on Fri and Sat are not here in those numbers at this moment for the surf guys....this then becomes an exercise where 5% of the anglers are now getting 95% of the fish in the surf...it really tends to draw the line in the sand to see who will stick it out to the end...surf-wise.....

I fished with another site-member this AM. We had this idea that we would circumvent the crowds and do an end-run on the fish. We were not successful, although the area had some life in the nights and days prior...

maybe I brought that "DarkSkies black cloud" with me this morning, maybe not......... but where we were, there were only a few guys who hooked up consistently, and not knowing that structure well, I'm thinking they were pitching to the holes or the edges of the holes, as the flood tide came in.

High hook, for 1/2 mile N and S of us, was 11 fish, with 3 of those being skates, the rest short fish. There were a few other guys who managed more than one fish, but most caught none at all....and the fish we saw pulled in were mostly small.

There was very spotty, limited activity, and you really had to entice the fish to hit by switching up your metal jigging pattern...at least the guys who got multiple fish did...

There were higher numbers by 1 or 2 that knew that section of beach well and fish it every day,.....but that was the exception, not the norm.

90% of the guys where we were did not hook up at all...

We managed a few swings and misses. The best I could do was 1 dropped fish .
    My friend wisely left. My ego got to me, and I stayed another 1 1/2 hours working hard to prove I could get one fish as the sun came out....I failed, that's fishin.

I heard the bite turned back on later in the afternoon...which is great if you have all day to hang at the beach....

I fished this Morning from 4am to 9am in a new area, south of my normal range. I was excited about a night bite that didn't happen on my trip. I guess the south winds did us in this morning or the migrations have passed us by. I really miss that night bite, and catching fish amongst friends and or in seclusion. I really hate fishing metals, it ok for a while but it does get old. I love and miss fishing wood/Plugs. I’m sadden the season is almost over, and looking forward to fishing next season. I made a few friends and feel closer with friends that I have been fishing with for some time. I will keep on trying for the remainder of the year, but know it almost over. It’s been a great vacation so far, just need a few fish on the fly rod.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Thanks LD

Fished this am 6-7:30 had 5 keepers and lost 2 others all on metal. One of the ones lost was a 25 to 30# fish got to see it as my 50# leader snapped, the only reason I mention this is it was my fault been fishing that leader for over a week in some pounding surf must have had a nick in it.
    Nice going Fin on the Catch. I also didn't change my leader in over a week, maybe 2 weeks. I will change it now.

Great catches finchaser, it seems you are on fire lately. I fished OC after work yesterday, away fromn the crowds, casting practice only. I got the skunk.

I fished this afternoon in NoMoCo. Found little bass. I caught 2 on teaser. Actually I snagged a sandeel and Hooked it through the chin and casted it out. Reeled the line tight and got hit and hooked the little bass. The bass were around 18 inches. Lots of bait in the water. Seen the birds dive and every time come up with sandeels. Seen bird working off shore. I think its going to be a good Dec.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011112920111129_172140_02.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	14403

Tomorrow -- Thursday is my 10 star lock for the park, Ill be shocked if it doesn't go off big time. I have to work cant make it but i took off Friday Im hearing of an afternoon bite too, previously unheard of this season

I fished last night for a few hours and did not get a touch on the usual needles, minnows, soft plastics. Had to get up early so only fished 9-12.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011